Part 15

Since Rene wasn't needed, he went back home to take care of himself, assuring Celine that her mother was going to continue on the road to recovery. Celine called him the next day, letting her know that her mother could come home, but her dad wasn't answering. Of course, Rene left the office and went directly to the hospital. He didn't stop to think. He only told his secretary that he'd be out for at least an hour and to take messages without the promise of a return call within the day. He arrived at the hospital to find Therese and her husband along with Celine. Celine's face lit up when she saw Rene. She hugged him and exhaled into his chest. "Thank you for coming. Papa could use your help getting Maman in the car." Rene happily assisted. He followed them back to Celine's home and helped get Therese inside and comfortable. Therese patted his arm in thanks from her bed. Her eyes were definitely more relaxed, more welcoming when she looked over Rene. "Perhaps you're a decent man after all." She hummed. Rene couldn't think of a response before Celine came bounding in. He helped with making Therese comfortable, then took Celine's hands to stop her from going a mile a minute. She blinked at him and swallowed. "Is there anything I can do for you before I leave? Anything you need that I could pick up? Anything-"Celine stood on her toes and kissed Rene's cheek softly, her pillowy lips lingering for an extra heartbeat that set Rene's skin on fire. He swallowed his groan as she braced herself against him and her curves brushed his arm.