Part 85

"I just had to bribe a person or two to make sure you got your room to yourself tonight." He teases. "Completely worth it for this time with you." "I love you." Celine strokes his jaw. "But I hate not being able to be with you when others are around. I want ed to sit with you, laugh with you, join in on every conversation and share with the world that I've been lucky enough to make you mine." "I'm the lucky one, Celine. I'm lucky you love an old man like me. I'm lucky to have found love – real love with you." She swallows and he can see some tears in her eyes. She shakes her head. "You ruin me, Rene." "But I always put you back together after." She giggles and they talk late into the night. They catch each other up on what they've been doing, make plans for New Years and the entirety of the new year, talk about each other, tell stories, until it's more of a dream than reality. But reality comes when morning drags them apart. Rene manages to steal the shower for himself for a moment before going to the kitchen where the smell of bacon and food calls to his suddenly very empty stomach. Therese smirks at him and shakes her head despite what she obviously knows. "Coffee is ready." As if that one phrase can wake the whole house, people start joining. Celine joins much later, not looking sheepish or tired at all. It's almost as if nothing happened last night, until she catches Rene's eye.