14

"Her father?" Oikawa asked.

"But their last names... they don't.." Iwaizumi trailed off looking behind him to see the (h/c) haired girl talking to his team, getting ready to start practice as she instructed them on what to do.

"Oh well." Ichiro rubbed the back of his head, "that's something she should tell you, not me." He looked at the back of her head, seeing her helping Kindaichi get into a better position. "Just know that she doesn't mean a lot of the things she says, most of the stuff she says was from an outside influence." He gave them a small smile.

"I see." Iwaizumi said, looking at the girl set for the first years, watching their spikes, stopping them to critique their skill. "I guess we should start practicing too."

"Yes." Ichiro stated, "if you wouldn't mind, could I set for you?"

"Oh of course." Iwaizumi said, getting ready in position.

"What should I do?" Oikawa asked, pointing at himself.

"Oh I only need Iwaizumi-san for this."Ichiro said giving him a closed eyed smile, "If you don't mind, could you help (Y/n)? Sometimes she lets her authority get to her head."

"Oh of course!!" Oikawa said, prancing away from the two and going over to the rest of the team and the (h/c) haired girl.

"Kunimi you need to jump higher!" (Y/n) yelled over to the boy who felt his feet touch the ground from the jump.

"(L/n)-chan~" she frowned.

"What do you need Oikawa-san?" She grunted, barely sparing him a glance. "Yahaba, could you both of your hands need to be in sync, they're a bit off."

"Oh come on I wanna get to know you better." Oikawa said, looking at his team.

She scoffed in response, "Well I don't."

Oikawa was taken aback. "What? Why?"

She turned to him, looking straight into his eyes, he felt his body go stiff under her gaze, almost like she was examining him up and down. "I have no interest in the fake you." She said looking back at the team in front of her.

Oikawa was taken aback. Fake? He pursed his lips. Of course, she was talking about the fake facade he was showing. The cheerful,funny, handsome setter he was supposed to be. The one that got all the girls, the one that always had a smile on his face.

"If you want me to get to know you better." She side glanced at him, "come to me when you're done putting up such an annoying persona. It's not fooling anyone." Sighed she stuffed her hands into her pockets, getting ready to go to the rest of the team to help out more, only for a hand to wrap itself around her wrist.

Looking back she was met with chocolate brown eyes, looking at her, trying to search for something. They were lost.

"I.. how do you know?" He asked, looking at her with a desperate gaze.

She simply stared down at him, "anyone with a brain can tell you're faking it."

She swiftly took her wrist back and walked off back to the team. "Feel free to join us when you're done with whatever that is." She said twirling a finger towards them.

Oikawa gulped, watching her walk up to Hanamaki and Matsukawa, looking down at Matsukawa's hands that were staring to redden from the blocks, and handing Hanamaki a water bottle.

To Oikawa, this was the first. The first someone saw past him, the first a girl had rejected him, the first Iwaizumi was before him. The first time he was... well he was treated normally.