33

Oikawa was on his way back from the convenience store that happened to be right across from the school's main gate. Humming softly to himself he looked inside of his white plastic bag that carried his goodies. 

'Milk bread, strawberry milk, and some chocolate bars for Iwa-chan~' he thought to himself happily as he started to skip off back to school. 

He looked up at the dark blue night sky with stars glistening from above lighting up the dark atmosphere. The moon was shining brightly tonight and Oikawa softly smiled to himself. He wasn't going to lie that he was a bit skeptical of the training camp just because he knew Shiratorizawa was going to be here. 

He grimaced a bit at the thought of Ushijima and how every time they had met he would always repeat the phrase, 'You should have come to Shiratorizawa.' Slightly gagging at the thought of it he walked past the main gates of the school. 

But, despite the troubles of having to deal with the other schools, and his own team, and especially having to deal with Ushijima, he was starting to enjoy himself in the camp, and not to mention being able to meet with the new team. He found himself slowly starting to warm ups o Suibotsu. 

'They're.. a lot nicer than they put themselves out to be.' He thought, taking out his milk bread and unwrapping it before putting it in his mouth as the faint sweetness entered his mouth while he chewed softly. You could never go wrong with your favorite snack. 

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard rapid footsteps and the sound of heavy breathing a few feet away. He gulped the food in his mouth down and looked over to his left to see a familiar tuft of (h/c) colored hair. His eyes widened as he looked at (y/n) who was hunched over, her hands on her knees while she was breathing heavily from what seemed to be running. He could vaguely see the sweat drops falling from her face down to the ground. 

Worry filled his eyes remembering that she was still sick from the fever she had gotten 2 days ago. Cautious, he walked over to her and placed a gentle hand on her back. 

"(Y/n)-chan?" He quietly said, trying to get her attention as the heat from her body almost burned his hands. Oikawa pulled his hand back from the hot touch. "(y/n)-chan you're burning up why are you out you need to go back you're gonna get more sick!" He worriedly said trying to get her back up from her hunched position to lead her back to the rooms. 

"(y/n)-chan.." He worried said, looking at her as her breathing continued to get faster. 

His eyes softened, while he placed an arm around her shoulders, finally able to get her up to stand straight. "(Y/n)-chan lets get you back?" 

"I can't," she finally voiced out. "I can't, not now." 

"(y/n)-chan," Oikawa's voice got serious, "You can't be putting your body through these conditions, you need rest." 

"How am I supposed to get better?" 

Oikawa froze a bit in his spot. She reminded him so much for himself. Trying so hard to try and be on the top. Trying to desperately to win over his opponents. Pushing himself past his limits before he couldn't anymore. That's what she was doing. 

"How am I supposed to get better? What more can I do?" (y/n) shut her eyes tightly as she felt tears swelling up in her eyes. "Until when will I be enough?"

Oikawa felt his heart sting a bit at her words. "(Y/n)-chan.." tears started to form in the corner of his eyes as she looked up at him with such desperation in her eyes. The same look he had on him after many, so many months of just training and pushing himself to be the best.