why do we always end up in bathrooms?

GWENDOLYN'S POV

it had been a week since i nearly kissed sara in the bathroom. she's been freezing me out and we hadn't had much contact since, just questions regarding homework. i hated to admit it, but i missed her. i missed her goofy personality, impromptu concerts, her smile that made me smile as well, i missed everything about her. but getting caught giving her a ride to school last week was a serious wake up call. i wasn't prepared to explain our fucked up relationship to the principal. i was pretty drunk when we said we would wait a month for each other. i hadn't thought about the consequences. but to be completely honest, i was exhausted of this back and forth with her. i know it's usually my fault if she's freezing me out, but that didn't stop me from feeling like shit. i knew i needed to move on, but i didn't want to be with anyone else. i don't know how sara feels, but im assuming she broke up with her girlfriend because i haven't seen them together lately. this is a perfect description of how my mind has been lately. it's been a constant mental battle of what the right thing to do would be.

today was saturday, and i finally decided to get out of bed and do something. i've been rather depressed lately and haven't had the energy to do much. today i decided to stop moping and leave the house to go shopping. i did my hair and makeup, and threw on some plaid pants with a black blouse.

(gwen's outfit)i hopped in my car and started it, only to be greeted with 'dreams' by fleetwood mac playing

(gwen's outfit)
i hopped in my car and started it, only to be greeted with 'dreams' by fleetwood mac playing. this was the song that sara and i were singing to in the car on the way to my house. i closed my eyes and rested my head on the steering wheel. i was sick of the constant reminders of sara. why it so hard to get over her? i shook myself out of my thoughts, turned on some nirvana, and started to drive to the mall. i seriously needed to move on, as much as it pained me to admit, i could never be with sara. even when she's 18, she'll still be my student and it could still get me fired. but as much as i wanted to move on, every damn time i saw her angelic face, butterflies spread throughout my body.

i finally arrived at the mall and headed inside. i went to some random stores, picked up a few skirts and blouses, and then i decided to head to a fancy dress store that was in the mall. i could get a nice new dress for clubbing. maybe then i could finally get a girlfriend.

i was browsing through a rack of dresses that were all different styles and colors, when my eyes wandered over to a girl with long brown hair that reminded me of sara's. god what is wrong with me? i shook my head and mentally kicked myself for once again thinking of sara. i moved to a different rack with dresses that would be perfect for clubbing. my eyes one again floated over to the girl, who was now turned around and talking to someone. oh FUCK, it actually was sara, my eyes hadn't deceived me. she looked absolutely breathtaking in long, floral, off the shoulder dress.