there is no we

BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!
"rhi turn your alarm off right now before i beat the shit out of you" i mumbled into my pillow. rhiannon had spent the night at my house last night because with school and everything we hadn't seen much of each other. her phone alarm was still going off so i grudgingly sat up and started patting around my bed for her phone. my bed was a mess of pillows and blankets, and i knew rhi was somewhere in there.
"saraaaa stop groping me!" rhi said, sitting up on the opposite side of the bed. i whacked her with a pillow and said
"turn the bad noise off before i get mad." she finally turned the alarm off and we both got up to get dressed.
she was doing her hair on the floor and i sat at my vanity doing my eyeliner.
"how's that girl you were talking about for awhile?" she asked. obviously i was talking about gwen, but she didn't know that.
"oh uh, we haven't talked in awhile" i said, which was the truth. our interactions were now always short and strictly teacher student. she was even more cold to me after the incident in the dressing room.
"well maybe you should talk to her, you seemed to like her a lot" rhi suggested. i shrugged off her response, knowing that wasn't really an option because every time i tried to have a personal conversation with her she would give one word answers or pretend she didn't hear me. i stopped caring so much, sure it hurt but there wasn't anything i could do about it. i could be just as much of a bitch if i wanted.

i picked out a grey, tight t shirt, black lacy skirt, and a floral shawl to wear today.

"did you get possessed by stevie nicks or something? all your outfits lately have given me major stevie vibes" rhi said

"did you get possessed by stevie nicks or something? all your outfits lately have given me major stevie vibes" rhi said. i rolled my eyes.
"at least i don't wear ripped skinny jeans, air forces, and a tye dye shirt" i said, gesturing to her outfit. she stuck up her middle finger at me.

we got in her car and turned on our playlist for car rides. an artic monkeys song started playing.
"so what are you gonna do for your birthday? it's in what, two weeks?" rhi said. i hadn't even thought about my birthday lately, i guess it was soon.
"i dunno, we'll probably just hangout at my house and watch the saw movies right?" i said.
"no way that is too depressing, even for you. we're gonna go to a bar and get you a hot lady" rhi said. i hated going to bars. they were too smelly and sticky for me.
"unless you'd rather just throw a party?" she said with a smirk. she knows damn well how much i hate parties.
"no no clubbing is fine...i guess" i said.
"you could even invite that girl you've been obsessing over" she suggested. there was no way i was going to a bar with gwen. i couldn't even get her to talk to me in class, she definitely wouldn't talk to me in a bar.
"no way, i'll go the a bar with you, even though it's my birthday, but i'm not inviting gw- i mean her."

"when are you gonna tell me who this mystery girl is? is it someone i know?" rhi asked. i hesitated before saying,

"yes you know her." rhi's jaw dropped and she kept asking me more questions, but i didn't answer any more.

we finally got to the school with five minutes to the first bell. my mom told me i had to stop skipping classes, so i actually had been attending every hour. i went to all my morning classes, and now i had gwendolyn's class. i always dreaded going to her class because she does everything in her power to avoid me. she was standing outside of her classroom, greeting people. my heart fluttered when my eyes landed on her. she had on a long floral sundress that hugged her waist, which made my jaw fall open a little. i shook myself out of the trance and walked into her classroom, avoiding eye contact with her. two could play at this game. the bell rang, signaling the start of class.