paris days

it was probably about one in the morning, and i was lying in bed with gwen as we watched some random french movie that was on tv. i had my head resting on her chest and she had her arms wrapped around my waist. i felt like i was walking on air, i still couldn't believe that gwen and i were actually somewhat together.

"what's gonna happen when we go back to school?" i asked, moving my head to look at gwen. she looked down at me as she tucked my hair behind my ear.

"well...we're probably gonna have less alone time together, and i'll have to treat you normally at school. but we can still hangout at my house and go on dates in other cities, maybe go away for a weekend?" she said.

"you're not gonna change your mind the second we get back?" i asked. she scoffed and said playfully punched my shoulder.

"you've got to get it out of your head that i'm going to change my mind. i've thought long and hard about this for months, and there's no going back now. i'm way too in love with you to-" she stopped herself before she said anything else and i saw the fear in her eyes. i moved to straddle her waist and i cupped her cheek as i kissed her soft lips. i rested my forehead against hers as i said

"i'm in love with you too gwendolyn." her lips curled up into a toothy grin that made me smile as well. she laughed as she wrapped her arms tightly around me, flipping me so that she was on top. i giggled as she aggressively pecked my neck. she moved back up to my face and deeply kissed my lips. i sat up a little and had my hand on the back of her neck to bring her closer. eventually she flopped down beside me and we shifted so that we were facing each other, and our faces were inches apart. she ran her thumb over my cheek and smiled at me.

"when did you know?" she asked.

"know what?"

"that you had feelings for me" i had to think about that answer for a second.

"well i obviously thought you were gorgeous the first time you knocked on my car window. but i think i realized i had feelings for you that time you found me crying in the garden and comforted me. before i kind of thought you were a total bitch, just awful to everyone. but then you showed me a different side of you that i fell for." i answered.

"you bring out that side of me. i hate it. i'm so cheesy and nice to people now and it's all your fault" she said. i rolled my eyes at that.

"how about you? when did you know?"

"probably that night at the beach. i realized that you made me feel things i hadn't felt in forever. and i also realized how differently i treated you than other people. if i saw anyone else drunk at homecoming, i would not have thought twice about it before turning them in. but then you were asleep in my arms and i guess i just realized that i had fallen for your goofy ass. and when you tried to overdose i thought about what could've happened and i didn't want to lose you" she said. "oh my god, that was so cheesy" she covered her face. i laughed and pulled her hands into mine, intertwining them.

"no it wasn't. i liked it!" i said. she pulled me into her and i rested my head on her shoulder while she played with my hair. we were both just in t-shirts and underwear so our bare legs were tangled together under the sheets while the flashing from the movie illuminated the room.

"we should go to sleep" she mumbled. i nodded into her shoulder and she settled deeper into the bed, wrapping her arms tighter around me. she placed a soft kiss on my forehead and whispered,

"goodnight my love"

"goodnight" i whispered back. she called me 'my love'. that made me want to run around the hotel and scream "I'M IN LOVE WITH GWENDOLYN JAMES", but that probably wouldn't end very well.