Back to Work

Chapter Twelve Beyoncé's POV

Over the past few days I found myself diving deeper into depression. The nightmares have continued, and progressed. They have become longer, and much more vivid. My nightmares now include the car crash although I didn't witness it first hand, and his funeral and burial. When Michael was being buried I completely lost it, and tried to stop the process. I held onto the casket and just cried. My mother had to escort me away from the scene as they buried the body six feet under. All of the thoughts and memories that I tried to push away are now present in my nightmares. Due to my frequent nightmares sleep has not come easy for me. Taking care of my young children, and also going to work without having an adequate amount of sleep has really taken a toll on my body. As of right now I'm in a meeting with the Kardashians, and I am half asleep.

"Beyoncé?!" Ty shouted drawing my attention back towards the meeting.

"Huh?"

"The sketches."

"Oh right." I pulled out my sketches showing them to the Kardashian sisters and their mother Kris.

Oh yeah. I never told you guys my occupation. Well, I'm a widely known fashion designer, and I work with celebrities to help coordinate and design for their clothing lines. I also co-own a line of boutiques called Dereon with my mother and Solange. There are store locations in Boston, New York City, Los Angeles, Miami, and even Paris, France. I am also in the process of opening my own boutique called House of Dereon in London. Anyways back to the Kardashians.

"So I sketched out the looks that you guys described to me. There are a variety of sketches from jeans, to blouses, to dresses, and even undergarments."

They seemed as if they genuinely liked the majority of the sketches minus a few ridiculous remarks from Kim. At the end of the meeting we decided on creating different looks for curvy women such as Kim and Khloe, and more conservative looks for petite women and mothers like Kourtney. Kourtney wanted to incorporate animal prints into some of the designs which I didn't mind at all. Kim stressed that the color gold needed to be incorporated into the clothing line, and Khloe simply requested that I make sketches for jumpsuits. They also established that their line should include jewelry, make up, and lingerie.

After my meeting ended with the Kardashians I placed my sketches in my folder, and prepared to leave before Ty, my assistant stylist, stopped me.

"Bey are you okay? You look like hell."

That's one thing that I loved about Ty. He was always honest with me, and truly cared.

"I'm ok. I'm just in a rush. I have to get my kids." I explained while dismissing him.

I exited the office building, and headed in the direction of my children's daycare center. By the time I picked up up my kids I was extremely exhausted. Not even bothering to attempt at cooking a decent meal, I ordered a large pizza, half cheese, half pepperoni. After we ate our unhealthy dinner I allowed them to watch movies until they drifted off to sleep on the couch. Throughout our movie night I would doze off, but was quickly awaken by my reoccurring nightmare. Instead of attempting to fall asleep again, I pulled out my Manila folder and began working on a few more sketches making sure to include animal prints, gold fabrics, and a variety of jumpsuits with different designs. Hopefully they will like these sketches, and then we can quickly start the samples. Once the samples are created the sisters will choose the clothing that they like the best to be incorporated into their clothing line. The chosen pieces will be made into different sizes to be placed into stores. A lot of promotion and advertising will be needed for this clothing line, and the sisters will eventually have to decide which stores they would like to sell their product in. Designing clothes isn't as easy as it seems.

While finishing the sketches I fought extremely hard to keep my eyes open. After a while exhaustion won the battle.

A/N: Sorry for the boring chapter but I just wanted to give you guys a description of Beyoncé's job and an insight on her busy life. Hope you guys liked it. Don't forget to vote and comment. Also could you guys check out my other story entitled Moving On. 5+ comments for next update.