Coincidence?/Date Night Part One

Chapter Eight Beyoncé's POV

After dropping off Camden and Carmyn at their daycare center, I found myself wandering the streets of New York City not having a care in a world. For the first time in a forever I felt genuinely happy. Due to my previous outlook on life I had never noticed the beauty of the city. The treetops were blanketed with thick layers of snow. The sky was the perfect shade of blue, with the sun beaming out from behind the white clouds. Walking through Central Park I couldn't help but to notice the squirrels that scurried to find shelter from the cold, and the birds that hadn't migrated south searching for food. All things I would have never noticed, or even cared about before. As I continued to walk around aimlessly a running body came crashing into me, causing me to fall backwards into the thick layers of snow that covered the ground. The body fell directly on top of mines. I looked up only to discover that the person that had crashed into me was no one other than Shawn. I immediately recognized his dark brown eyes that always seemed to hold my gaze, and that always seemed to captivate me. He simply smirked when he discovered that it was me that he had coincidentally crashed into. He hastily stood up grabbing the leash before his Golden Retriever could run away, and then reached out the other hand helping me up.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking were I was going." He apologized.

"It's ok. I'm fine." I responded while brushing the snow off of my clothing.

"So what brings you here?"

"Nothing. Just walking around before I go to work. Everything's so beautiful." I said looking around admiring the park one final time.

He simply chuckled in response. I don't know why though.

"You should see the lake. I'll show you come on."

He lead the way through the park. I was amazed by the size of the park, and by the fact that he knew each and every section. Once we arrived at the lake, I was in complete awe. The view was perfect. The buildings and skyscrapers could be viewed easily along with the beautiful sky. There were families skating on the ice. Although a dangerous risk, they really seemed to enjoy themselves. There was a minimal amount of water birds that hadn't migrated south for the Winter desperately searching around for food. The trees covered in snow only made the scene before me even more beautiful. The entire scene seemed as if it were a painting, and belonged on a canvas.

"The view is beautiful." I emphasized admiring the beauty of the sight before me.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a small smirk appear upon his face before he turned his head, and looked at the scene in front of us.

"I cannot believe that I lived in New York for nearly ten years, and I've never noticed how beautiful the city is especially in the winter."

Shawn's POV

"You should let me take you out to see the rest of the city."

She simply looked at me with a blank expression written upon her face.

"W-well that's if you'd like." I said becoming extremely nervous.

"I'd love to." She stated while flashing me a warm, bright smile.

"Cool. So how does tomorrow night at eight sound?"

"Perfect. I'm sorry but I have to get to work now. I'm running late." She said in a hurry before walking away.

"Beyoncé wait!" I yelled while running after her.

She finally stopped, and turned around with shock written all over her face.

"We should exchange numbers. That way we can get in contact with each other tomorrow."

Her cheeks turned bright red, probably from the fact that she had forgotten such a simple thing. Anyways she handed me her gold iPhone six, I handed her my black one, and we both programmed each other's numbers before handing the other their phone back.