Chapter Fourteen

Shawn's POV

I woke up the next morning with Beyoncé wrapped tightly in my arms. Her daughter laid in the chair besides us with tears in her eyes.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

That only caused her to cry more.

"Beyoncé wake up. Your daughter wants you." I spoke while shaking her lightly.

She didn't even budge.

"Beyoncé!" I said shaking her harder.

"Hmmm?"

"Your daughter needs you."

Her eyes immediately opened as she hopped out of my lap, and headed over towards her daughter.

"Cammie what's wrong?"

She didn't give a verbal response, but reached her arms out for her mother. Beyoncé placed the little girl, whose name I just learned, in her lap and rocked her back to sleep. Once asleep Beyoncé finally greeted me.

"Shawn I want to thank you so much for staying here with me."

"Your welcome." I responded with a smile.

She looked over towards her sleeping son, and I saw the tears building in her eyes.

"I don't know what I would have done if I had lost him." She mumbled.

Before I had the chance to respond, Dr. Young walked inside to check Cam's breathing. He said that everything seemed all right, and when Cam wakes up the nurses will monitor his breathing once again. If all goes well, he'll be able to leave by the afternoon.
-------------------------------------------

Beyoncé's POV

After the nurses monitored Cam's breathing for about an hour, he was finally discharged from the hospital. Shawn stayed at work despite an inadequate amount of sleep. I thanked him once again for all the support before leaving. I'm currently at my mother's house listening to her condemn me about not letting the family know about Cam's asthma attack.

"Beyoncé I just don't understand why you didn't think to call or even text anyone. That is my grandson! What if something would have happened to him?!"

"Mom I'm sorry. I was completely distraught at the time being. I kept thinking about what would happen if I lost my son. I didn't think to call the family. I was just worried about my son and his well being." I voiced while tearing up.

"I understand. I'm just glad that he's alright."

"Mom can you watch Cammie for me? I want to spend some time alone with Cam."

"Sure." She replied with a smile.
_________________________________

Upon Cam's request, we went to the park. Nothing too special since Cammie wasn't tagging along. The park wasn't filled with screaming children as expected, but was rather quite.

"I wanna swing!" Cam shouted with excitement.

I started heading towards the baby swings before he stopped me.

"NO! Big boy swings. I not a baby."

"Ok." I said skeptically.

I just hope that he doesn't fall. He took a seat in the seat in the swings and held on tight as I gently pushed him.

"Higher mommy!"

I pushed him a little higher, careful not to push him off.

"Kick your legs baby." I instructed.

He kicked his legs back and forth rapidly. I couldn't help to laugh. I took a seat on the swim next to him, and began to swing back and forth.

"Mommy I swing wit you?"

I stopped the both of our swings, and Cam sat on my lap. I held him tightly and began to swing once again. He clung to my arms as I began to swing higher.

"High!!!" He shouted.

After a few minutes of swinging my legs became tired, and Cam lost interest. The swing slowed down, and we rocked back and forth slowly.

"Camden I love you."

"Lub you mommy." He responded.

I kissed his cheek before standing up with him and leaving the park. He was too tired to even argue. He fell asleep within minutes of being in his car seat.
-------------------------------------------

(Mama Tina's House)

I walked through the door with a sleeping Cam in my arms. Richard greeted me and offered to take him out of my arms.

"Hey Beyoncé."

"Hi."

He took Cam up to the room that he shares with Julez here at his grandmother's house.

"Are you spending the night baby? Camryn's already asleep too." My mother questioned.

"I guess."

"Whatever. You know where your room is."

I followed my mother upstairs, and went to my old bedroom. Being in that room again caused me to miss my childhood. Being a kid was so stress free. No worries. I remember my teenage years when I would long to be an adult, but now I see that it's not luxurious being an adult.

I was sitting on my bed, bored with my own thoughts when I decided to go bother my mama. I went and knocked on her bedroom door.

"Come in." She responded cheerfully.

That's something I always loved about my mama. She's always smiling and cheerful even when she's going through tough times. She always finds the brighter side of things.

"Hey mama. Hey Rich."

I plopped down on the end of their bed.

"What you doinnnn?!" I asked sounding like a child.

My mother simply chuckled and shook her head.

"What do you want child?"

"I need love and affection." I sang.

"Goodnight Beyoncé!" Both my mother and Richard spoke at the same.

"Goodnight to you too."

And with that I retired to my room. I had a long day, and sleep is much needed right now.

A/N: 5+ comments and votes for next chapter