Date Night

Chapter Seventeen Beyoncé's POV

Last week I put the final touches on products for the Kardashian's line. Today the items are set to launch in Sears stores across the nation. After hearing about my work with the Kardashian sisters, Kanye West himself has requested to work with me. Excited is an understatement to describe how I feel right now. Anyways, he just walked through the door twenty minutes late I must add.

"Good afternoon Mr.West. It's my pleasure to meet you." I greeted with an extended arm.

He simply looked at my hand, and took a seat.

"You mean it's your privilege." He responded while taking off his sunglasses.

I dropped my arm in pure shock. Of course I've heard about his ego, but I didn't expect him to act like this. To be honest I thought the jokes about his ego were all over exaggerated, but I guess not.

I took my seat at my desk, and pulled out my notepad.

"So Mr.West, let's get right to business. Shall we?"

"Ok. I want my clothing clothing line to be retro yet modern. Casual yet dressy. You feel me?"

This man is highly confusing.

"You want a mix between retro and modern? And casual and dressy? Or did you want a combination?"

"I guess you can say a combination of retro and casual, and a combination of modern and dressy."

Now why couldn't he say that in the first place? He began describing to me some of the items that he would like to see in his collection. His line would carry shoes, clothing, and accessories. Now this man may be extremely rude, but out of all the celebrities I have worked with I have never seen someone display so much care and thought for their clothing line.

"I want to bring back extended tees and bandanas. I don't want to create a simple clothing line, but I want others to feel free to express themselves through clothing. I don't want my line to be basic." He continued.

My hand ached as I quickly wrote down my notes. I then looked up to him, questioning if he had any other requests.

"What is your artistic perspective on what I've described already?"

Is Mr. Egotistical really asking for my opinion? Somebody pinch me. I chuckled to myself.

"Well I like your ideas. Designs may be a little more difficult because it's going to be hard to find items to match, but in general I like your ideas about bringing different styles back and expressing one's self." I gave my honest opinion.

He simply nodded. I don't know if he was taking my thoughts into consideration, but I highly doubt it.

After taking some time to think, he continued expressing his ideas and expectations of the line to me. Not only did he want to design male clothing, but female clothing as well. He was going to need a lot of assistance in that field, because his ideas about the female clothing line sounded ridiculous.

After jotting down all my notes based off his ideas, I placed my notepad on my desk and escorted Mr. West out. We have another session tomorrow in which we will narrow his ideas down.

"Goodbye Mr.West. I'll see you tomorrow at 12:00." I spoke putting emphasis on the twelve.

He chuckled to himself before nodding his head.
-------------------------------------------
Work today was extremely exhausting, but my date with Shawn tonight hopefully makes my day all worth it. My kids are spending the night with my mother, so they're all set. Now I just have to figure out what to wear. Shawn wouldn't tell me where we are going. The only thing that I know is that we're going out to dinner. I decided on a multicolored knee length dress. Hopefully I'll be dressed accordingly. Then I straightened my hair, and placed it in a bun.