Chapter 24

Beyoncé's POV

The next day I was discharged from the hospital, and Shawn took me directly home. We haven't spoken a single word to each other, but the silence that had grown upon us has become my only sense of peace. My family and friends have turned against me, and I'm having an internal battle with myself. My emotions get the best of me time and time again, and yet Shawn is always there to comfort me, despite only knowing me for such a short while.

Walking into my home without having  my kids there was extremely unusual. It felt strange not to have them there by my side.

"Shawn?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you know where my kids are?" I questioned.

These were the first words shared between us since I was discharged.

"They're either with your mother or with Kelly." He replied.

The last place I wanted my kids to be is with Kelly. After what she said, and after not showing up to the hospital, she can consider herself dead to both me and my kids.

"Can you take me to get them?"

"Please..." I added after a long moment of silence.

"Bey... I-I don't think that's a good idea right now. Just let them stay for-"

I cut him off mid sentence. I didn't want to hear a word he had to say.

"If you don't want to help then you can leave!" I spoke sternly while pointing towards the door.

A look of hurt flashed upon his face, before he grabbed his car keys and headed out the door. My eyes followed as he walked to driveway, and sat in the drivers seat before starting the car.

Great. He's just another person on the long list of people that I have pushed away.

I backed against the wall, and slowly slid downwards to the floor before started to cry once again. It seems as if all I do is cry lately. Nothing makes me happy. Everything and everyone just ends up hurting me. I should be numb to the pain by now, but I can honestly say that I am not. Thinking about the harsh realities of my life caused more and more tears to flow down my cheeks. Before long I felt my self having yet another panic attack. I felt my airways closing as I hiccuped for breath. Just as I had taken in my last full breath of air, Shawn came walking through the doorway.

"Let's go!" He stated impatiently.

He hadn't realized the condition that I was in. I gasped for another breath, before he rushed towards my side.

"Beyoncé calm down!" He instructed.

How the hell am I supposed to calm down if I'm not taking in oxygen?!

He pulled me into his chest, rubbed my back soothingly.

"Everything's ok. You're fine. You're kids are fine."

He continued whispering soothing words into my ear while rubbing my back. Before long my breathing was finally regulated. Not once has anyone been able to calm me down from a panic attack.
********************************

A/N:
I'm back to updating guys🙌🏽🙌🏽
Sorry for the wait & sorry it was so short😩
Don't forget to vote❤️
Leave comments👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾

•What do you guys think about Bey & Shawn's relationship?

•Will they get closer?

•What would you guys like to see happen? (I had a serious case of writers block, but I finally have a vision for the end of this story🙌🏽 but I am still open to suggestions)