Maxson headcanons with a sentinel that becomes clingy

•Unfortunately, Arthur knew exactly what was happening. The way your eyes would follow him across the room, the way you'd hardly take any missions for the hell of it, the way you'd hold him that much tighter at night..he understood perfectly. After all, the slaughtering of many good soldiers was something the weighed upon even HIS shoulders. There was simply no getting used to seeing people you knew, people you even dared to consider an acquaintance, be blown to smithereens. Alas, the spoils of war came with perhaps the most atrocious price.

•Nevertheless, realizing that it was his death or disappearance you so terribly feared broke his heart. He'd be a liar if he ever said he wasn't afraid of the same thing, especially considering his genuine feelings for you, but Arthur was afraid to express such concerns- thinking his apprehensions would be fulfilled if he did so.

•Not that he ever would shoo you away, he now no longer says anything if you insist on guarding him on the flight deck. If anyone questions it or brings attention to your relationship, he'll hastily remind them of your rank and responsibility as such. A sentinel was expected to be close to their elder, considering you were his lover only made this even more expected. Let's face it, no one would be dumb enough to say anything anyways...

•With the institue no longer being a threat, Arthur is now able to properly take better care of your relationship- fortunately at just the right time when you are at your peak vulnerability. Instead of him having to sneak out of bed to fill reports, he can now soothe your anxiousness and stay right at your side.

•Being a more passionate man (more than he would seem at least), Arthur wouldn't hesitate to show more affection. He knows that you'll need to work through this yourself- but he won't ever let you think he's annoyed with your constant presence or anything else.