::10::

George: hey, where r u?

George: lmk if you get this message...

George: i'm worried, please text me back

George: call me back when you see this :)

George: i made dinner. it's in the fridge

George: goodnight dream

As Dream looks over the missed messages and five missed calls, he feels guilty.

Right now it's two in the morning and he's finally gotten home from work. Apparently there was a security breach at the plant and he had to stay after to help fix it. At the time he hadn't even thought of texting George to tell him he wasn't going to make it home in time. He didn't expect it to take so long.

Now, here Dream stands, in the kitchen where he can tell George had cooked just hours before.

Of course he feels guilty, looking at all the food in the fridge has Dream realizing just how much work George must have put in to make it all. It's even his favorite.

Dream sighs and makes his way upstairs, hoping George is still awake. He lightly knocks on the door and, after not getting a response, cracks it open a little bit to see George fast asleep. Dream wants nothing more than to walk in and slide into the bed next to him to cuddle all night, but knows that would just be awkward or might make him uncomfortable.

In all honesty, Dream has just come to terms with his feelings for his friend. What he feels for George isn't just friendship, and at this point he's not even trying to hide it. They've already kissed twice on different occasions, although both times excuses were made. Dream doesn't know exactly what he's waiting for. Does he want a relationship? Does George want one, is the real question.

Only time will tell.

—————

Dream wakes up somewhat early in the morning, making breakfast for George as to make up for bailing on him yesterday.

As the brunette walks downstairs into the kitchen, it's obvious he hasn't slept well. He's slumped over and his hair is unkept, Dream can't tell if even slept at all or just laid in bed under the covers.

"Goodmorning," Dream says, placing plates with waffles on the dining room table. He watches as George nods in acknowledgement and sits down in one of the chairs. Dream awkwardly walks to the chair across from him and sits, taking note of how the brunette barely looks up from the plate in front of him. "Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah," George simply says, reaching for his plate and grabbing a waffle, eating it without another word.

Dream starts to eat and the room is filled with silence. George seems upset, as the air isn't filled with his dumb jokes and laughter as usual. Dream takes note of this and speaks up. "Is something wrong?"

"No," George responds, going back to eating.

Dream raises his eyebrows in confusion, not buying it at all. "I'm sorry I wasn't back here in time last night. Did you make the steak and stuff yourself?"

"I did," George says, not looking up from the food.

Not giving me much to work with here George... Dream internally facepalms and wonders if the Brit is upset. "Are you seriously not mad? You seem upset about something. You can talk to me, George."

"I'm fine, I just didn't sleep well last night," George finally looks up from his food and makes eye contact with the blonde, giving him a slight smile. It reassures Dream slightly, but not too much. He feels like not being home on time last night upset George, but there's nothing he can do about that now.