::15::

tw// mentions of suicide/overdose

Her brother has always been an anomaly. The whole family has.

Niki has never quite understood her family's cravings for power. It started with Wilbur, and has only escalated since then. George, though, is the person she relates to the most.

George has never actually wanted anything from the family. Niki, on the other hand, pretends that she wants the company when she actually couldn't care less. That's how her and George are different. George wants his own free will, but Niki has succumbed to a puppet, to say the least.

She has always wanted to find out what George is hiding. She wants to understand and help her brothers, if Wilbur isn't too far gone to be saved that is.

This brings Niki to where she is right now. The poor girl had finally become victim to Wilbur's blackmail. The man had told her that if she didn't get him George's mysterious box, then he would ruin Niki and Minx's friendship.

Minx is a girl that Niki has become very close to. The two met at a bar and immediately hit it off. To Niki, she's her escape. She's her way out of this nasty house. Niki hasn't told her about how manipulative Phil actually is, so Wilbur's threat scares her. There's so much that man can do to absolutely ruin their relationship.

So Niki gave into the pressure.

Now Niki stands, searching through George's room, hoping the box is even here. She's seen it before, just never the contents inside.

Once finding the box in one of George's predictable hiding places, she takes it to Wilbur. Wilbur gives a smile and takes out what he needs.

"You might want to take a look at some of this," Wilbur says, pushing the box back to Niki.

"What do you mean?" Niki asks, confusion evident in her voice.

"You should take a look at the documents labeled N-b and MN-b, they're about you," Wilbur says, and the way he speaks is scarily honest. She can't tell if he's just trying to scare her or something, though.

Niki grabs the box and heads to the door. "I wouldn't go through George's things."

"Suit yourself," Wilbur shrugs, and his sister leaves again.

Niki doesn't understand why Wilbur would want her to snoop in George's belongings. Even if they are about her, there's probably a reason he never showed her.

Still, Niki can't help the curiosity as she walks back to George's room. The brunette is supposedly talking with Phil right now about something important, so Niki doesn't know how much time she has left. She tests her luck and opens the box, immediately seeing a bunch of documents and envelopes.

Niki first sees the red letters at the bottom, and searches for those that say N-b and MN-b, like Wilbur had said. There aren't many, so she just grabs the few that she finds.

Starting out with an N-b, she sees an envelope that isn't sealed. She opens it and immediately sees pictures of one of Niki's ex boyfriends with another girl, supposedly during their relationship. Seeing this breaks her heart again, but she's over him by now.

The next N-b is a document that shows how Niki had stolen from Phil's company. This is a trivial situation, Phil had angered her and in turn, she decided to steal from him. She never got caught, of course, and the first time she's heard of someone knowing is now.

The last one she finds has her questioning everything. On a paper labeled MN-b, Niki sees a document that seems to be her birth certificate. On it is her mother's name, but Phil's name is no where on it. There's the name of some random guy she's never heard of. This confuses her, and she's about to put everything away when she hears George's door open.