::19::

Immediately upon waking up, George had been taken to a different room in the hospital for more tests to be done. When the doctor comes back, she shares some interesting news with Dream.

"George has slight memory loss," Dr. Puffy explains to Dream in private. "It seems that the trauma must've caused him to block some important details out of his memory. We think he doesn't remember the whole previous week he was conscious for."

Dream's eyes widen and he finds himself confused. "So you mean to say that he has amnesia?"

"Technically speaking, yes," Puffy says, offering a slight smile. "He's very confused right now, so I recommend just being here for him and being patient."

"I can do that," Dream nods.

"Good," Puffy smiles. "He'll be released to go home tomorrow if everything is running smoothly. We're just going to put him on some medication, if he's alright with that of course."

"Of course," Dream nods in agreement, then eagerly walks back into the room.

Seeing George finally awake makes Dream happy, or about as happy as he can be after learning that the Brit has lost a week's worth of memories—possibly less, possibly more. Regardless, Dream smiles and makes his way over to his normal chair by the bed.

"It's good to see you're awake again," Dream smiles, resisting the urge to reach out and hold George's hand.

George looks at him with confusion in his gaze, and crosses his arms. "You're not mad at me?"

"No, George, I'm not mad at you," Dream says.

"Why? You should be mad at me, I broke your trust," George says, looking away. He doesn't dare look into Dream's eyes right now.

"And I forgive you, George, you just need to forgive yourself," he smiles.

George sighs and looks back at Dream now. "What happened?" He asks, and the blonde looks at him, wide-eyed, not saying a word. "Surely you know why I'm here, right?"

"Well, you tried overdosing but that's all I know," Dream says, telling the truth. He avoids the part about thinking Wilbur has something to do with it, figuring George doesn't need to hear that. "How much do you remember?"

"The last thing I remember is getting into an argument with you at the club, and another argument with Niki before that. Well, I can't remember everything very well. My head hurts trying to piece together everything," George says, and the blonde feels pitiful looking at him.

"So you don't remember anything after that?" Dream asks, and George shakes his head. "In that case, I'd like to apologize for what I said at the club and in the car; well, for everything that happened for that matter. Also, it seemed like you and Niki were on decent terms. She told me she's coming to visit again today, would you like me to tell her not to come? I don't want to upset you."

George immediately shakes his head. "No, no, it's fine. If we're on good terms then she should come. I think it would be nice to speak with her. And don't worry about our argument, I shouldn't have gotten drunk like that and gotten mad at you."

"But if I didn't send you back home none of this would've happened," Dream says, already feeling guilty again.

"Don't say that, it's not your fault. I don't remember what happened but I still know it couldn't have been your fault," George says stubbornly. "Don't blame yourself, okay?"

Dream nods and the atmosphere turns fairly tense. Neither of them know exactly what to say, and the silence shows that. George speaks up first, breaking the awkward silence between them.