::20::

tw// mentions of overdose

"For the hundredth time, you don't have to come with me," Dream says to a very insistent George.

The two have been arguing all morning about George going into work with Dream today. The blonde had continued to remind George he doesn't have to, but George keeps complaining about wanting to go.

"Just let me come with you," George says, crossing his arms as a way of pouting.

"I already told you that there's nothing for you to do there anymore," Dream says, seeming to get increasingly annoyed.

George stays quiet for a second and retreats onto the couch. "I just wanted to spend time with you."

"George..." Dream sighs, finding himself walking over to the couch, a pair of George's shoes in his hand. He tosses them onto the Brit's lap. "Fine, you can come, but you'll have to stay in my office the whole time."

George smiles and jumps up off the couch, giving Dream a salute and quickly slipping his shoes on. He feels Dream looking at him, giving him a slight smile and a look of admiration. It makes George feel funny, doing things to his heart that he finds himself not hating.

The two ride to the office together, most of the time spent in silence or bickering about their differing music tastes. George knows that their way of expressing adoration to each other is through the pointless arguments, and doesn't find himself minding it.

As they arrive at the office, Dream leads George to his room and the blonde gets to work while George puts something random on the television.

The Brit loses himself in thought as he wonders what had happened that he can't seem to remember. He can't remember anything that may have caused him to overdose. Sure there were a few bad conversations he does remember, such as his argument with Niki, his other argument with Wilbur, and the bitter conversations with Phil. Overall, it's safe to say that he's a train wreck and anything could be the cause.

Now, the logical thought would be that Wilbur definitely has something to do with it. He doesn't quite know what his brother had done, but George feels as if the blackmail he's done in the past and his mother's similar experience have something to do with George's situation.

"Dream?" George asks randomly as the two sit in silence, the only sound coming from Dream's ferocious typing and the baking show on the television. Dream hums in response to show that he's listening, eyes still glued to the computer. "Did we talk at all? You know, during the period of time I had forgotten?"

Dream seems taken aback by this question and quickly looks up from his computer to meet George's gaze. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, did we talk at all in the week before I... you know?" George lets the question linger in the air as the blonde seems to obviously want to ignore it.

"Well there were a few instances, some of which didn't include you actually talking to me, but that you'd still want to know," Dream says, and George ushers him to continue. "One of them was when you tried to come to my company, told Sapnap you had something important to say, but he turned you away. Another was from Niki, she came over to my house in a panic, saying she was worried about you and that you seemed off. That was right before everything happened."

George listens with intent when Dream suddenly stops talking. It's clear there's something more he has to say, but is holding back. "Is there anything else?"

"Well, yes," Dream says hesitantly. "When you took the medicine, you called me. You- you started telling me all of this stuff that worried me. Looking back, most of it is blurry and you were clearly not in the right headspace. You had told me that you took pills, and I didn't know what to do. I was scared to lose you George, so so scared. I called the ambulance, you told me not to for some reason. You seemed so scared, and I don't blame you, but I don't understand why. I- I didn't want to lose you but you felt so ready to just leave for good. Then you-"