Chapter 5

Karissa was up early in the morning, being way too excited to sleep. This time she chose a navy skirt and jacket, blue had always been her favourite colour and it highlighted her eyes. Karissa let her hair fall freely. It was still very early, Karissa had time for a light snack before leaving. Soon, Karissa left and walked towards the Domino downtown. It was a very nice sunny morning, perfect for a walk. The Kaiba Corp building could be seen from a distance. The tower was huge and tall, Karissa stood before it only for a few minutes. That was it, her first workday. Taking a deep breath and gathering her courage, Karissa entered the building. Once again, the blonde girl had to go to the reception and ask for guidance. The same kind lady told her to go on the top floor. Karissa thanked before going in the lift. A few other employees entered too but soon most of them got on different floors while Karissa was headed straight for the top. Similar to the previous day, Karissa was wearing medium heels. The double doors opened, and Karissa stepped out. Roland was already waiting but Karissa was ahead by a couple of minutes.

"Good morning sir," Karissa greeted him.

"Miss Larens, just on time, excellent." Roland approached the girl.

"I like being slightly early, it gives me extra time," Karissa explained.

"That's very good, Mr Kaiba would appreciate it." Roland seemed to recall something. "Ah yes, Mr Kaiba has some tasks to do outside the office today, you'll meet him later," Roland explained.

"Very well, so where shall we begin with?" Karissa smiled at him.

"Right, first I'll give you your credentials. We need to go over some documentation you need to sign, etc." Karissa nodded.

They went to a desk which Roland helpfully explained was hers, but she might spend more time on the go rather than her desk. Roland carefully introduced her to everything there was to know about her job. The contracts were signed, also some confidentiality papers, just as a precaution as Mr Kaiba didn't like taking any chances. After the formality was over, Roland gave her a very detailed schedule of Mr Kaiba, her boss. The first thing she noticed was the layout of the whole timetable. Everything looked rather messy which was weird for a company like this. Maybe she could add something of herself to make this easier.

"As you can see, today Mr Kaiba will be at Kaibaland in the morning, but he'll come back to the office later in the day. He has a meeting at two, sometimes you might need to accompany him to his meetings and take notes." That seemed pretty straightforward. "Any other questions?"

"I think I'm good for now but if anything comes, I'd be sure to come to you." Karissa had already grasped the main idea, the advantages of being exceptionally smart.

"Very well, now you can start by going over Mr Kaiba's assignments for the week. When he comes, you'll meet him and discuss some other parts of the job personally." Roland already had a positive opinion of her.

"Okay, thank you, sir." Karissa made sure to be polite. Roland just waved a hand with light a laugh.

"Just call me Roland," Karissa gave him a bright smile before nodding.

"Of course, Roland. You may call me Karissa too," Karissa didn't mind the informality.

Once Roland left, Karissa picked up everything left for her to go through and got to work. First, these schedules were pleading for an upgrade. For a tech company, whoever made the schedules clearly wasn't keen on any kind of design, or any kind of management for that matter. A good template wasn't just pretty looking, it could actually make the job much easier and much better documented if made correctly. Karissa turned on her computer and got to work.

*

Seto hadn't wasted any time giving the order to Roland the next day to hire that girl. She was to start today as a matter of fact. Seto had insisted on her being early to Kaiba Corp, so Roland could go through everything with her while Seto took care of some important business at Kaibaland. These idiots could do nothing without him. Sighing, Seto went into his amusement park heading straight for the office where his so-called staff was supposed to do their job. Kaiba stormed inside the office, not feeling the least bit enthusiastic being here to solve an issue his employees should have long ago. They all looked nervous due to his presence, Seto had this effect on people.