Chapter 17

Seto was in his office, feeling weird not having Karissa around. Their attraction excluded, she was a very capable girl and did a great job as his assistant. The worse part was, Seto had no idea if Karissa would be back at all. It was her choice to make, he wouldn't force her if she wished not to see him again. As a result, Kaiba was a pain in the ass all day. Some of his employees were unfortunate enough to deal with his mood already. Karissa had said she wanted to stay, but would she? On top of that, the presence in his head was growing ever stronger, messing up with his mind. While Karissa was present, somehow the dragon inside him was quieted down. Seto couldn't begin to imagine how much stronger it'll be if she... if she were to leave. Kaiba sighed in frustration pushing away his stationery causing it all to fall on the ground. The blue-eyed billionaire buried his hands in his hair feeling totally lost. That's when the knocking on his door reached his ears. He was ready to snap at whoever was bothering him again but the person at the entrance caused him to stop dead in his tracks.

Karissa was walking through town with undeniable determination. She was headed towards Kaiba Corp knowing exactly what to do. She was here to stay and be with Seto wherever this led them. He needed her and Karissa wasn't going to leave, Kisara didn't, and neither was she going to abandon him. At last, she reached the enormous building. Karissa only glanced at it before going inside. The receptionist looked at her in a mix of confusion and surprise.

"Karissa, I didn't expect to see you today, I thought you have a day off," Nat noted.

"Yes, I have but something came up urgently so here I am." Karissa didn't specify the nature of the urgency, it was between the two of them.

"Well, good luck with the boss then. He's been cranky all day, everyone's avoiding him, trying not to get on his bad side if it can be helped," Nat whispered cautiously.

"Don't worry, I'll be just fine." Karissa could handle Seto or more like the beast inside him. He was the one making him all angry and rude.

With that, Karissa went on her way towards the elevator. She pressed the button for the top floor anticipating what was coming next. From the girl's words, Seto's mood was pretty bad today so the Blue-Eyes White Dragon was pressing really hard on him again. The ride seemed to be too slow making her all nervous. At last, the elevator stopped on the last floor and the automatic doors opened to reveal now a familiar view. Taking a deep breath, Karissa headed towards the CEO's office at the far end. She knocked on the door and waited a few seconds before entering. The view before her was total chaos. Their boss looked like a mess. He had his head bowed but when she entered, he looked up abruptly ready to snap at her. When their eyes met, Seto Kaiba stood frozen in his place forgetting his anger entirely.

Seto watched silently Karissa get in closing the door behind her. His irritation was completely forgotten, his interest fully picked. He was also worried too. Was she here to tell him she was quitting? Scolding himself mentally, Seto decided to get a grip on himself so he stood up to face her. They just stood there looking at each other. Finally, Karissa spoke up.

"I went to speak with my cousin Téa and I... made a decision," Seto tensed up expecting the rejection.

"I see," his throat felt dry and his voice hoarse when speaking.

"I believe you, so I'm not going anywhere, and I'll help you overcome the dragon." Seto was slightly surprised to hear this after fearing the worst.

"You... will?" Seto asked dumbfounded.

"Yes, and I want to see where our relationship goes. We have a connection and... it's far from being professional." Karissa admitted.

The mood changed on a dime. Seto's cobalt eyes darkened, no longer fearing she might leave. No, she was here to stay, and his possessive masculine side was bouncing off the edges. What did she say about their relationship? Ah yes, it wasn't professional.