Chapter 26

Aknadin approached the beast, completely obsessed with having the dragon at long last. The Blue-Eyes White Dragon was still for several long moments as if contemplating his next actions. Thanks to the commotion, his minions came in to see what was happening only to stop dead in their tracks at the sight of the enormous dragon monster.

"Blue-Eyes, obey me! I'm your master now!" Aknadin raised his hands shouting maniacally.

The intrusion and his words seemed to have triggered something as if the key to unlocking Blue-Eyes. The dragon snarled, his rage rising. He was no slave, not anymore. He'd been trapped in these humans for long enough, but not anymore. Despite Aknadin's suspicions, away from the stone tablet, the dragon was an untameable force. In a fit of anger and still holding Seto's final emotions, the dragon opened his jaws producing the iconic light lightning.

"Wait, no! You have to obey me; I command you not to attack!" Aknadin snarled.

The Blue-Eyes White Dragon was away from the stone tablet when he took over, his plan failed. Without having Seto's life force chained and under his will, the dragon was set loose. A sudden realisation dawned on him, the Blue-Eyes was entirely free and unstoppable now. The dragon ignored his command entirely and aimed his attacks towards his servants.

"Master, help us!" the idiots shouted but Aknadin ignored them, they were only pawns doing his dirty job anyway.

The white dragon obliterated his enemies on the spot. However, he was far from done. All the bottled anger was coming to the surface. Blue-Eyes White Dragon was entirely berserk. All of Aknadin's carefully made plans crumbled to pieces. Without the beast under his control, it was all gone – his dreams to rule the world were being shattered to shreds. No, he wasn't losing, there was still a chance to get the dragon under his control. Aknadin called upon his dark shadow powers facing the monster.

"You will obey me!" Aknadin shouted once more.

Blue-Eyes' answer was another growl before getting ready to attack him. The white lightning was an almost unmatched force, just like the Blue-Eyes White Dragon was one of a kind. Despite all his energy of darkness, Aknadin could not stop him, not when his assault was filled with so much anger, hatred, and thirst for vengeance.

"No, I will not lose!" the old man refused to give up.

All his tries were futile, going in vain. The dragon simply attacked again more forceful breaking through his defences of shadows. It was stupid of him to think he could win against a beast of pure light with darkness. They were complete opposites and Blue-Eyes White Dragon could never obey the dark side. Aknadin screamed as the blasts pierced through him. His newly obtained body was unable to withstand such force and began to slowly disintegrate under the surge of the attack.

"No!" Aknadin screamed one last time before disappearing entirely.

Karissa only watched the scene unfold before her in apathy. The Blue-Eyes White Dragon had a mind of its own and completely destroyed them all. As a side effect, Blue-Eyes managed to hit the stone tablet too, breaking it into pieces. The blonde felt an odd satisfaction out of it, they hurt Seto and now paid for it. Yes, Karissa was more than glad the beast was out at least, to revenge her fallen beloved. Once it was over, Aknadin's body dissolved, all the hatred and evilness weren't enough to hold him inside his mortal vessel. Finally, it was over, and the place went still.

The Blue-Eyes White Dragon calmed down once he'd destroyed his enemies. It was over, everyone who did them wrong was gone. The monster turned around to stare at the girl contemplating her. Karissa held his stare unbothered.

They were all alone, Karissa could finally have a good look at the real monster. They stared at each other, his ferocity was decreasing but Karissa knew exactly what the dragon was capable of and there was no way she could stop him if he decided to destroy her too. She didn't care either, maybe if he did Karissa would be reunited with Seto. Surprisingly, the Blue-Eyes White Dragon did nothing to harm her. Maybe he recognised her from his past holder, probably he knew Kisara and had no reason to attack her, not that it mattered to Karissa. He just turned away looking around grunting or whatever that could pass for a dragon. On her behalf, Karissa was devasted, clutching onto Seto's lifeless body in despair.