VI

Now Playing

Body Partz by Lucifer

★·.·'¯'·.·★

I honestly couldn't fathom the thought of going to her house. Like yes we would just be going as friends but I've never hung out at anybody else's house before. Well that's a lie. I've never hung out at anybody else's house with my mom knowing. I barely know Japanese customs, never mind Japanese guest etiquette. We plan to have our first meeting tomorrow after Hori goes to school. While my mom teaches me the basics at home, Hori would use what I learned and put it into practice.

At this point, I already knew the basics like the alphabet and numbers but I just had trouble putting sentences together. This was going to be hard for the both of us.

Getting my stuff together, I prepared a backpack with my Japanese textbooks, pencils, and extra snacks in case I don't like what Hori has at her house. On my way out, my mom wishes me luck and, once again, congratulates me on getting a new friend, even if it was due to unlikely circumstances.

On my way across the street, I see a boy around my age walking in the opposite direction. Since I had been making friends, I thought it was only fate to have seen this boy. I thought we too could be friends but I was sorely mistaken.

I started towards him with only pure intentions but when I finally caught up, he turned around with the most vengeful eyes I have ever seen. The way he looked down on me was almost criminal. The way he lowered his gaze and failed to hold eye contact. He looked like he wanted absolutely nothing to do with me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him raise his arm at me. Thankfully, Hori pulled me away in her direction just in time for him to realize his attack would fall through.

"Tch..." After that incident, he just walked away, like nothing happened.

"Was he honestly about to assault me? In broad daylight?" I could tell Hori didn't know what I was saying but she had the general idea. Since talking to her and my mom, we've picked up on small phrases and their meaning. We both now understand each others' "hi", "thank you", "I'm sorry", "your welcome", "good morning", and other small phrases like that. This time, she used one.

"I'm sorry," Hori sighed. I could tell that scene stressed her out so I urged her to forget about it. On our way back to her place, she began to tap away at I assume to be the full explanation for his actions.

It's cause i'm a negro. Ain't it?

When I open her door, I'm greeted by a little boy that looks exactly like Hori.

Oh. I guess she has siblings. If he says something out of pocket I'm gonna lose it.

"Hey--"

He can't understand me. Right.

I poke Hori to get her to stop typing and show her the scene before us. After looking at me blankly for a couple of seconds, she understands the assignment. Again, I can only assume that Hori was explaining to mini Hori how we're here to study Japanese and how I don't know much of it. The little boy reluctantly lets me in and I sit down at her table, waiting for her to sit down beside me. I can feel the piercing eyes of her little brother next to me.

"Is there something you'd like?" I asked. His facial expression dropped and he couldn't help but run to his sister. He tugs on her shirt and whispers things to her.

I guess the poor kid has never met a foreigner before.

Hori and her brother come back with refreshments. Her brother seems to look much better after their little chat. After all the busy moving, she finally shows me what she's been typing.

"That's Tanihara Makio. He's known for bullying kids around here. I saw that he was about to hit you but I honestly haven't seen him do that to anyone before. It was like you had made him hit his limit or something. Again, I'm sorry this happened to you. It seems there's always something out there trying to ruin your mood." Looking away from her screen, I realized her hands were on my free hand. This was her attempt to make me feel better.

She's so cute when she's apologetic.

"Hey," I grinned, patting her head. "It's okay, Hori. I know how much you care about me." I surprised myself with that one. I really touched her head. She's gotten better at hiding her face but I can still see the hint of red on her cheeks.

https://linktr.ee/zisgoingtohell Copy and paste into your browser to learn more about me!