XVI

Now Playing ▶

Soldier by Kwaician

★·.·'¯'·.·★

She rolls her eyes and shows me her work. On the table there are three plates. One has potato chips on it, another has (your favorite fruit) and the third has gummy bears on it. I decided then and there that if we were to ever order food, I would be the one to do it. Her diet is absolutely atrocious. She eats like a rat. Hori glanced up at me for a look of approvable. My soft smile sufficed.

On the TV, Hori had already set up a movie. "I wasn't sure what your favorite genre was but kids' movies never fail."

Hori...

She turned on the TV and was face to face with a talking lion. Hori looked at me and cheesed. "I hope you like Madagascar." I want to say weirder shit has happened but as of right now, this takes the cake. It's not that I'm not fond of kid's movies. This was just not the direction I thought we'd go. I assumed she'd have us watch a horror movie. That is if she's okay watching those. Maybe she'd have hoped I clung onto her mid-jumpscare but it seems that wasn't on her mind at all.

An hour and a half later, the credits roll. Personally, I was exhausted. Today's events thoroughly wore me out. Hori saw the whites in my eyes turn red from fatigue. "How about... ," Hori suggests, turning off the TV. "How about we turn in for the night? We'll take our bath and head to bed." I liked that idea a lot. I longed for the soft sheets of a mattress.

Hori gets up and guides me through the hallway to her bathroom. There she shows me my towels and where to put them once I have finished. I thank her and wait for her to leave. At that moment, she begins to undress. In front of me. I could barely register what was going until my reflexes kicked in. Eyes closed, Hori inquires about my current state of disarray.

"Are you not going to undress or...?" Undress?? I could barely manage to be in the same room as her right now. Is this another attempt to seduce me? She has no idea how the things she does affects me.

My hands have yet to leave my face while asking, "Why would I get naked?" Hori tilted her head and walked towards me. Her hands meet mine, prying them from my face. I manage to keep looking straight ahead but my peripheral vision doesn't hesitate to make all else clear.

"Why are you hiding? We're going to bathe together of course." Bathe??? Together??? She's so bold it almost hurts.

"I'm assuming that's quite common among friends here?" I sound so touristy.

"Not all but some. I just thought that after today," her cheeks flushed. "We have gotten closer is all." I'm not emotionally mature enough to deal with this.

"I'm willing to do it but you need to promise me something."

Hori perked up and nodded. "Anything."

I gulped. "No funny business. If I'm being honest, I'm really nervous and I don't want to make you uncomfortable." Hori's expression softened as she guided me over to where I am to undress. She motioned for me to take off my uniform but before I went, I headed to my things and grabbed an essential item.

"What's that?" asked Hori.

Copy and paste into your browser to learn more about me!: https://linktr.ee/zisgoingtohell