VII

Now Playing

Meet Me At Our Spot by THE ANXIETY, WILLOW, and Tyler Cole

★·.·'¯'·.·★

We began with just going over what I've learned so far. We engaged in idle conversation to see if I could respond in correct Japanese. I was honestly picking it up rather well. The hard part was just making sure I had the right tone. Every time I got something wrong, that was one less slice of (favorite fruit).

From our never ending time together, we've learned some interesting things about each other. One of them being each other's favorite fruit. Her favorite fruit was mikan* but for me, she used mine as a type of punishment. The more I got wrong, the less I could eat.

After some time, we changed topics. We went from rehearsing Japanese to talking about ourselves. At some point, we got to our family situations. Lying on my back, I inquired about her.

"Hey Hori," I hesitated. "I'm sorry if this is invasive, but why are your parents never home? It seems like the house is always empty." Hori ate some more mikan and awkwardly chuckled.

"No no it's fine. I'll answer. So my mom is actually really busy with work so she's barely home unless it's super late or around dinner time." Hori paused. "But when it comes to my dad? He just isn't here. I rarely see him because of work. He's usually on business trips and what not. Then Souta is usually at school or hanging out with his friends so it's usually just me." She looks down and sighs. "You know, I'd love for him to be here more because I have lots of work to do. It's hard for me to look after a kid when I'm a kid myself." She snapped out of her daze and turned to me. "So! What about you? Where's your dad? I noticed you only live with your mom."

Maybe we shouldn't have talked about families...

I scratched my head and answered, "Yeah. He's in the military so he's never home."

Hori looks at me with pity.

"But I'm fine. I promise," I reassure her. "There's nothing to worry about."

Hori gets up and heads to the kitchen. "Okay Y/N. I'll trust your judgement. I'll be back with more fruit."

★·.·'¯'·.·★

She's lucky I love (favorite food) so much. And the fact that it's free? I can never say no to free food. That being said, we lost track of time with our fruit shenanigans. It began to get a little late so her brother decided to turn in for the night. We, however, kept going. Thirty minutes pass and I look at the time on my phone.

"Hori. It's getting late," I informed her in Japanese. My ability to tell her that amused her but I was right. She had school in the morning and needed to start getting ready for bed.

From here on out, all conversations will be held in Japanese unless stated otherwise.

Hory laid her head on my shoulder trying to keep me from leaving.

"Hey... I know you want me to stay but I'll be free tomorrow too. We can keep practicing tomorrow," I explained. Hori was not amused. She wanted to continue to study all night.

"Alright," she sighed, attempting to get up. "You're right. Let me just... " Her sentence was cut off because instead of getting up, she accidentally slipped and fell on top of me. Her hot breath was hitting all the sensitive parts of my neck and she was only getting closer and closer. I could feel the heat emitting off of her. With the rise in her temperature, my head rose as well.

"Um... Hori? Can you hear me?" She was out cold. I knew it was up to me to make sure she made it in her bed safely.

I'm just glad her brother's asleep. But how the fuck you pass out mid walk. Girl...

Gently, I move her off of me and carry her bridal style to her what I can only assume to be her room. As I lay her down, I can't help but to admire the way her hair perfectly moves into place. She really doesn't have any idea how beautiful she is. She's so ethereal. I lean down to make sure the covers are on her when she grabs my arm and pulls me closer. She says nothing but I can tell she wanted to hold something while she slept. I looked around for something she might regularly sleep with and found a stuffed animal.

She has stuffed animals too, huh?

I replace my arm with the stuffed animal and leave her house, remembering to lock the door behind me. Walking back across the street was one of the most nerve racking experiences of my life.

What. Just. Happened.

I found myself not able to think straight at all. No pun intended. I walked into my house to see my mom making dinner.

"Hey hun. Welcome home," she greeted me in Japanese. I was too discombobulated to answer her concisely. She looked at me crazily before finally responding.

"Okay, how about you just sit down and then we can talk," she suggested. That's a great idea. Let's start there. Pulling out my seat, I talk about everything that went down.

★·.·'¯'·.·★

"... and then as we were about to finish up, she passed out on my..." I trailed off.

Am I supposed to tell her how one of the prettiest girls I've ever met fell on top of me? How am I supposed to tell her that I definitely got turned on? Is this how I come out? Is this my origin story? Is this who we are?

I think my mom could tell I was scared to tell her what happened next. She let the stove run by itself and walked over towards me, putting her hand on my shoulder and looking at me with those reassuring eyes of hers.

"Okay," I admitted. "There's more but of course you already know that." I twiddle my thumbs trying to have this come out as naturally as possible. "So when she was about to get up, she accidentally fell on top of me," I confessed, looking up at my mom for disapproval. Her face was completely neutral.

Good sign.

Looking back down, I continue, "since she fell asleep, I did what I had to and picked her up. I put her back in her bed and made sure to lock and close her door behind me before coming here. That's all." As I reluctantly look up at my mom, she lets out a big sigh.

"Thank god," she chuckled. "I thought you were going to say you did something bad to the poor girl. You scared me so bad!" I look at her puzzled.

"So you're not concerned?" I asked.

"No. Should I be? You told me she fell asleep and simply helped her to her bed. nothing wrong with that. It was a little gay the way it turned out but what are you going to do?" My mom continued to fix dinner.

.

.

.

What?

*A mikan is a type of mandarin.

https://linktr.ee/zisgoingtohell Copy and paste into your browser to learn more about me!