X

Now Playing

that girl by eli.

★·.·'¯'·.·★

I had to build up the courage to walk into the teacher's office. Just from looking outside it, it looks so busy. I don't want to burden anyone with this.

Girl, you're literally a student here. If you don't barge in there and--

"Oh you must be the new transfer student! We got word you were coming soon. Welcome, please, come in."

God, you're embarrassing.

The teacher sat down in her chair and got to asking me questions.

"So how do you like Japan so far? How's it treating you? I see your Japanese is coming along. Who helped you? What are you looking forward to the most?" My body tensed up in an instant. The people at this school seem to have a general understanding of my position.

"Um... Miss," I interrupt. "I'm sorry. I only just really started learning Japanese a couple weeks ago so my Japanese is still quite bad. Please slow down." She was noticeably embarrassed.

"I'm sorry Y/N. That's my bad." She gathered her papers as she spoke to me. "Are you excited for the new year?"

To be honest, I was. The thought of a new school was scary, sure but I had at least three friends. I'm reminded of this morning's incident. Make that two friends.

"Alright. I'll make sure to introduce you to the class before we start. I'll ask you to come in when we're ready." Standing up, she hands me a name tag. "Write your name on this so the other students can get used to you." I do as she says and follow her to my new classroom. The room number is 1-2. I had been hoping to be in class 1-1. It sounded cooler.

Mrs. What's-Her-Face walked in and began to tell the class to settle down. From the other side of the door, I could hear, "Class, we have a new student joining us. (full name), can you come in here and introduce yourself?"

This is it I guess.

I take my first steps into my new classroom and am greeted with interested faces. They all seem to be looking more at my hair than me. I walk to the front of the room and slightly bow.

"Hello. My name is (full name). I moved here from (your country). I'd like to become friends with all of you. I'll do my best." The class was filled with unanimous mumbling.

The teacher perked up, "Oh! I almost forgot. My name is Fujikawa Chimon, but you can call me Mrs. Fujikawa. Welcome to Katagiri."

Awe. Now I gotta stop callin her nicknames.

Mrs. Fujikawa surveys the room and finds an open desk. "There!" she declared. You can have a seat next to Miyamura."

When I look to see where my seat will be, I expect to meet eyes with this Miyamura person but instead, he's not even paying attention. Out of all the curious faces in here, he's the one who doesn't seem to care in the slightest.

What an odd guy.

Copy and paste into your browser to learn more about me!: https://linktr.ee/zisgoingtohell