XV

Now Playing ▶

Papi's Home by Drake 

★·.·'¯'·.·★

I chuckle and ask, "What happened to hello? How are you? How was your day?" She snickers and lets me go.

"You should stay the night. Let's call it celebrating your first day of school." I don't know why she thinks my mom would let me stay at someone's house on a school night but go off.

"I'll see what I can do," I hesitated. "I doubt my mom will let me. I'll be right back." I make my way back across the street to my house and open the door. I can already smell what she's cooking for dinner so I go straight to the kitchen while trying to formulate my case.

"Hey Y/N. How was your first day of school?" inquires my mom, without turning her back from the stove.

"It was good! I got to meet a lot of people. The principal made me introduce myself in front of everyone so everyone wanted to be my friend. It was interesting to say the least."

Turning from the pot, my mom looked at me to speak but stopped before she could let out a word. "Where's your bag, honey?"

Shit.

"That's actually what I wanted to ask you about!" I could already see the hesitance in her eyes. "Hori wants me to stay over at her house tonight. I wanted to know if that was okay and before you answer, we finished most of our homework, and she literally lives across the street. So it's not like I'll be late for school or you'll have to drive me anywhere." At this point, I was out of breath. I was so focused on laying my cards on the table that I forgot to breathe.

My mom gives me a not amused look and I retaliate with my ever so delicate doe eyes. Through intense staring, she finally gives in.

"Fine. But on one condition: I don't want any funny business. I know how things went down last time. We will not have a rendition of that. Am I clear, young lady?"

I sighed before I let out a "Yes Mom. I understand." Making my way upstairs to retrieve some belongings, I hear my mom tell me how tonight's dinner will be tomorrow's lunch. I let out a groan of approval.

★·.·'¯'·.·★

Entering Hori's home, I take off my shoes and make my way to the living room.

"Hori?" I search. "Where are you?" Without any warning, I feel a huge mass latch onto my back. I almost topple over but am able to keep my balance. We stood there for a couple seconds, not knowing where to continue.

"I thought you were going to fall. I miscalculated," confessed Hori. I couldn't help but release the ugliest laugh from that. She really thought that was going to make me fall. Embarrassing.

Hori dug her face into my back and refused to let go. "No! I won't let you see me like this. Just tell me what you got," she requested impatiently.

"Alright alright. I only got my pajamas, and a toothbrush. Nothing too fancy." Hori drags me over to the table where I see she already has snacks set up.

"You were busy I see," I observed.

Copy and paste into your browser to learn more about me!: https://linktr.ee/zisgoingtohell