XIV

Now Playing ▶

guap! (feat. lowkeyluke) by starhart

★·.·'¯'·.·★

Hori slightly opened the stall to see if the coast was clear. Just as we were walking back into our room, the bell for lunch rang. We had just wasted our entire lunch period doing our version of the devil's tango. Nice.

"Now I'm going to be hungry later on," I frown. "Hori!"

As I pout, she grabs my face and smiles, "We can eat our lunches when we get to my place." I already know we won't be eating when we get home. She always has something up her sleeve.

Walking down the hall, I go to hold her hand. Just as we are about to touch, her hand evades my efforts and somehow ends up in her arms, crossed. I realize her arms aren't going back down any time soon and give up my attempts.

Was that a coincidence or was that intentional?

★·.·'¯'·.·★

For the rest of the day, it was hard to focus. Every fifteen minutes or so, my stomach was growling more and more aggressively. Finally at the end of class, I pulled out my lunch and began to eat what my mom had packed me. I can tell the others around me were confused but they respected my outlandish decision.

"Hey Y/N," began Kouno. "Do you want to walk home with us?" With a mouth full of food, I try to give them my heartfelt response.

"Sorry, I'm walking home with Hori. We live really close to each other. Thanks for asking though!" They understood and left it at that. While Kouno and their quiet friend leave, Ayasaki stays behind. I can tell by the way she's looking at me that she has questions.

"Say Y/N," she inquired. "Where did you go during lunch? By the way you're eating, it looks like you didn't eat. What were you doing with Hori?" What am I supposed to do? It's not like I can tell her what I was actually doing. I barely know this chick.

"Oh! Hori just had some really important things to tell me. I'm sorry it's kind of personal. If you really want to know, you can ask her." Great. I can shift the focus onto her and get myself out of this tight spot. That answer seemed sufficient because as soon as I finished, Ayasaki left and joined her trio. Quickly after, Hori stood in the doorway.

"Y/N~," she gushed. "It's time to go home and-" she held up two finger quotes, "study." Why is she being so obvious? Add that to the list of things to talk about.

On our way out the building, we meet up with Ishikawa and Yoshikawa. From the way Ishikawa looks at Hori and by the way he looks at me, I can tell he likes her and is jealous of me. If he likes her so bad, he should just say it and stop being so weird about it. Like damn. The four of us walk home together. Ishikawa makes it a point to put himself in between Hori and I, leaving me to walk next to him alone.

Hori and I's house are much closer to the school than the others so they drop us off first. "Stay safe you guys!"

Yoshikawa keeps on walking and waves goodbye. Unlike his normal friend, Ishikawa waits until Hori looks away and waves him off. He's lucky there's something actually going on between us because if there wasn't, this would be entirely uncalled for.

Walking into her house, she locks the door behind her and pins me to the closest wall. "So," she says, looking me up and down. "What should I do with you?"

Copy and paste into your browser to learn more about me!: https://linktr.ee/zisgoingtohell