XIX

Now Playing ▶

Shawn M! by Pasto Flocco

★·.·'¯'·.·★

On our way to school, I notice the cherry blossoms that are blooming all around the neighborhood. It was kind of comforting in a sense. I wasn't the only one getting a fresh start. Even the plants around me were starting anew. If anything, I know the cherry blossoms can relate when I say starting over is scary but also enticing. Experiencing new things while meeting different people will make your face pale and your palm sweaty but also make you shine brighter than you ever would have thought.

Upon walking into school, Hori waves goodbye and walks into her classroom. I do the same. Most of the kids are already there. That included in the trio™.

"Good morning Y/N!" welcomed Ayasaki, cheerful as usual.

"Good morning! Hey guys." Kouno smiled and nudged Sengoku who gave a greeting wave. I sat myself down and hooked my bag on the side of my desk. Quickly, I cross my arms on my desk and lay my head down. Whenever I come to school, I usually try to catch a couple more z's before class starts. Hori and I always take our time coming to school though so I only get about 5 minutes to relax. We honestly need to start walking faster. You know what? Thinking back it was probably my fault. Those cherry blossoms man. So pretty.

Mrs. Fujikawa came in and all the students stood up. Since I was asleep, I was the only one still sitting.

"Ms. (L/N)?"

I didn't answer. Soon after I felt the smallest nudge upon my shoulder. Opening my eyes I looked over and saw Miyamura, standing tall and looking ahead. I rubbed my eyes and realized everyone else was standing too. I immediately shot up and stood with everyone else.

"I'm not sure how they did things in (your country) but here, we greet our teachers upon arrival. Please make sure you remember," chastised Mrs. Fujikawa. Everyone chuckled a bit and I chuckled, embarrassed.

Hori forgot to mention that...

Everyone says good morning to Mrs. Fujikawa and sits back down. I look over at Miyamura who never ceases to look in any direction but forward.

He had to have been the one to tap my shoulder. I smirk. So he's not a social outcast after all.

★·.·'¯'·.·★

"Now you will work with your seat partner to complete the math problems assigned on the board. Please make sure you work together and don't just assign half the work to each other. You're a team."

Well that's easier said than done. Unlike everyone else, my partner seems to lack basic communication skills.

"So... ," I trailed off. "Do you need help with anything? I'm pretty sound with this topic."

Miyamura keeps his head down and shakes his head.

This... okay calm down.

"Well that's fine of course but since we are seat partners, we'll probably be paired together a lot. Why don't we become friends? That could make this more interesting!"

Miyamura looks over at me for the first time ever and rejects me point blank period.

"With all due respect, I just want to get my work done and go home. Friends aren't really on my agenda." At least now I know he doesn't hate me. I think.

Preparing myself to work alone, I say, " I understand your not wanting to make friends but you can at least be civil and mature about it." Miyamura didn't stop working but he did flinch at my words. I can tell he took what I said into consideration. "Listen," I sigh. "I know how hard it can be to be alone sometimes. You get to the point where being alone is almost like second nature but somewhere down the road, it eats at you. If it ever starts to eat at you," I pause, looking up to meet his eyes. "I'm right here."

I looked back down at my paper and without my noticing, Miyamura had looked at me with pleading eyes. 

Copy and paste into your browser to learn more about me!: https://linktr.ee/zisgoingtohell