0016💖

Charlie had been feeling torn. She didn't know if she wanted to leave or stay and work things out with Tom.

Charlie knew he had hurt her by cheating on her. But she also knew he was the father of her unborn baby.

Charlie woke that morning to texts from Tom and Mia. She ignored Tom's and replied to Mia's.

Climbing out of bed, she got changed into a pair of jeans and her favourite top. She put on her heels and sighed.

***
Charlie arrived at work and saw Max. She scoffed. She couldn't stand her brother for how he had treated Mia.

Mia walked over to her and smiled. "Your brother is a pig. He was camped outside my house until I gave in and spoke to him."

"Oh god. Why don't they get a grip and leave us alone."

Mia smiled. "Because we're having their kids. They won't leave us alone. And I told max I won't forgive him while he's stalking me."

Charlie sighed. "Tom has sent me a dozen texts this morning. I haven't read them. I just want some space. We met on Saturday to talk about the baby. But that's it. Now he automatically thinks he can spam me with texts."

Mia took her hand and smiled. "It'll be okay. I know it will."

***
Charlie looked up as Tom walked into her classroom. She rolled her eyes. "Isn't it enough that I'm ignoring you? You have to stalk me too?"

"Why are you ignoring me? If you remember correctly, you kissed me."

"It was a mistake. And you know it was. We were there to talk about the baby. Nothing more."

Tom nodded. "I know that. But yet you still kissed me."

Charlie rolled her eyes. "Get over it! Tom you cheated on me. You cannot expect me to give into you once more."

Tom smirked. "You know you kissed me."

Charlie had enough. She walked out. Tom followed her. "Why do you keep walking away? You're doing my head in."

Charlie turned back to him. "Tom. I'm not discussing this at work. Okay? I'm not discussing this at all. So please. Leave me alone."

***
Charlie and Mia had gone for lunch. Charlie sighed as she looked at her best friend. "He's actually sending me insane. I wish nothing more for a bottle of vodka. But sadly I can't."

"Tell me about it. I have a scan next week. It's 20 weeks and hopefully find out if I'm having a girl or a boy."

Charlie grinned. "I hope you have a girl. And I have a girl. Then they can be best friends."

Mia nodded. "I decided on Esmè-Grace for the girl. But I haven't got boys names."

"I don't have any names at all. I don't know what I feel right now."

Mia took her hand. "You have to do what's best for you babes. Put yourself first."

***
Tom looked up as Charlie walked towards him. She sighed. "I'm not saying it's going to be easy. I'm not saying I can forgive you. But I'm willing to work on it. If you want to?" She said.

Tom nodded and smiled. "I'd like that."

"Good."

Charlie turned and walked off. But could she find it in her heart to give Tom a second chance?