0021💖

Charlie walked into work. She was immediately accosted by Max. "What?" She asked as she looked at him.

"Dad. He's in town. He wants to have lunch with us," Max said.

Charlie paled. She shook her head. "No. He can't be here. He's not meant to be here," she told him.

"Well he is. And he wants to see us both," Max said as he saw the look on his sister's face. He sighed. "It'll be okay. I'll be there with you. I promise," he said.

"Okay."

Max pulled his sister into an hug and smiled. "It will be okay. I promise you," he told him.

"I hope so."

***
Charlie was sitting in the staffroom. She looked up as Mia and Tom walked in. "Babes? What's wrong?" Mia asked.

"My father is in town. He wants... he wants lunch with me and Max. And I don't know how I feel about it," she mumbled.

Mia frowned. "Oh god. Not him?"

"Yeah."

Tom was confused. He had no idea that there were any issues with Charlie and her father. He looked at her. "What's wrong with your dad?" He asked.

"He's a jerk. He was a jerk to Max growing up. It's why Max is the way he is. He doesn't mean for it. And he tried to abuse me. Not physically. Just mentally. Made out that I was lying about stuff when I wasn't," Charlie explained.

Tom frowned. He looked at her and pulled her into an hug. He smiled. "I've got you. I promise," he said as he kissed her.

Charlie smiled. She looked at him. "Why don't you and Mia come? That way if things go wrong, I can leave with you two?" She said.

Mia shook her head. "No. The last time I was in a restaurant with Max, we had sex in the bathroom. So unless you want me to relive past trauma, it's not wise," she said as a joke.

Charlie smirked. She hugged her best friend. "For me?"

"Fine."

***
Charlie was sitting in her classroom. She looked up as Max walked in. "We're meeting dad at the same place you met mum. It will be okay. I promise."

"Tom and Mia are coming too. They're going to sit at another table. Just so that we have support here," Charlie said as she looked at him.

Max groaned. "This will be interesting. My ex girlfriend sitting with your boyfriend. The joys," he mumbled.

Charlie grinned. She looked at him. "Come on... it'll be more than okay. It always is," she told him.

***
Charlie and Max were sitting in the restaurant. Charlie tensed up when she saw her father walking in. "Maxwell. Charlie. Hello."

"Father."

"Dad."

John Tyler sat down opposite his children. He had the same smirk as his son. But the same eyes as his daughter. "How have you been?" Charlie asked.

John nodded. "Fine thank you. I hear you're setting a new man? When do I get to meet him?"

Charlie shrugged. "He's a little busy at the moment. He works at the school with Max and I."

John nodded. "And Max? I hear you've been seeing Mia... thought your standards were better then that. She has always been a little run around for men."

Max scoffed. "Actually. She's perfect and we're not together anymore. I cheated on her. So keep your thoughts to yourself about her," he said.

John smirked. He nodded. "About time you born grew into your balls. Always been a little shit."

Charlie rolled her eyes. "No. You listen to me. You have always been an insensitive jerk. Max is your son. And I am your daughter. All our lives, all you've done is belittle us. And make us feel like crap. You're the worst excuse for a father ever," she spat.

Charlie grabbed Max's sleeve and pulled him up. He sighed. "Thanks for that."

"You're my brother. And Mia is my best friend. I'm not going to let him trash talk you. No matter how much of a jerk you are," Charlie said as she hugged her brother.

***
Charlie moaned as Tom pulled out of her. He looked to her. "I love you. You know that right?"

"I know. I love you too."

The two of them kissed again. Unaware of just how much things were about to change between them. And it wasn't going to be good.