0028💖

Charlie sat by Tom's bedside. He was still in critical condition. And she was worried. She knew how everything had gone wrong.

She was sat watching as the love of her life fighting for his life. She hated it. She wanted nothing more than for him to be okay. But she knew it wasn't looking good.

She knew how they had been arguing. But she never wanted this to happen. She wanted it to be okay. But it wasn't. It was far from okay.

Tom was lying in a hospital bed fighting for his life. Charlie didn't know what she would do if she lost him.

She looked up as Mia walked in. "Hey. Have they said anything?" She asked.

Charlie sighed as she looked to her. "It's still not looking good. They're going to try and wake him up today. But I don't know what they'll say," she told her.

Mia smiled. She took her hand. "He's going to he okay. He's a fighter. And I know it doesn't seem like it. But he will be okay."

"Do you really think so?"

Mia nodded. She smiled. "Trust me. I know that Max is worried about you. You haven't been home since the accident. It's not good for you. The no sleeping," she said.

Charlie sighed. "I can't sleep. That's an issue I've got. I cannot sleep for the life of me. I tried to close my eyes last night. And all I could picture was Tom dying and me not being here," she told her.

Mia looked to her. She could see how badly she was struggling and she felt bad. She wished she could do something to help her out.

Mia smiled. "Listen, I've got the day off. I pulled a sicky. So I'll sit with him. You go home. Get some sleep and have a shower. I'll stay here with him," she said.

Charlie nodded. But she knew she was scared.

***
Charlie got back home. She saw Max there. "You've got the day off too?" She asked.

Max nodded. "Mia and I wanted to be there for you. She's going to stay with Tom. And I'm going to look after you. I've run you a hot bath. And I'm making you some food. So go on," he said.

Charlie smiled. She looked to him. "Thanks Max. You and Mia didn't need to take the day off."

"Well she overslept and I pulled a muscle."

"I don't even wanna know why you pulled a muscle," Charlie said.

Max smirked as he looked to her. He pulled his sister into his arms and smiled. "You're going to be okay. Tom is going to be okay too. You know that?"

Charlie just nodded. But she was worried that things weren't going to be okay.

***
Charlie woke after what felt like days. She looked to her phone and saw a dozen missed calls from Mia. She jumped out of bed and ran downstairs.

She looked to Max. "What's happened? Mia has called me about 12 times."

Max sighed. "Tom. He woke up. But he can't remember anything," he told her.

Charlie felt broken. Did Tom even remember her?