0019💖

Charlie walked into the restaurant with Tom. She smiled as she saw her mum sitting there. She took a deep breath. "Hey mum."

"Hello Charlie. So... this is Tom?"

Charlie nodded and smiled. "Yes. Tom, this is my mum, Claire. Mum, this is Tom," she said as she sat down. She smiled. "Max tells me that he's filled you in about everything."

Claire smiled and nodded. "Yes. So naturally I had to meet the man who's stolen my daughter's heart. And so far, I'm impressed."

Charlie sighed in relief. She smiled. "Has Max told you how he's involved with Mia?"

"Kate's Mia? No. He hasn't told me that. He's clearly been too busy gossiping about you. Wait until I see him," Claire said as she drank her wine.

Charlie smirked and winked at Tom. "How long are you in town for mum?" She asked.

Claire shrugged. "I don't know yet. It depends on how many more lovers I have to meet."

Charlie smiled and nodded. She knew she wanted to spend time with her mum. But she knew her mum was sneaky.

***
The next morning, Charlie and Tom went into work. Tom kissed her and walked off. Charlie walked over to Max. "Your plan failed. To get mum to come between me and Tom? She loves him. And I may have dropped you in it for Mia."

Max groaned. He looked at her. "You idiot. Mia and I aren't together. So you've signed both of us up for hell," he said.

Charlie frowned. "Wait... you broke up? Why?"

"Because we're not suited. We both know that."

***
Charlie walked into the staffroom. She looked at Mia. "Why didn't you tell me about you and Max? I thought you were happy?"

Mia sighed. "Because the fighting got too much. And I couldn't do it anymore. My whole body just aches from the fighting. He doesn't love me. And we both know that. I'm happy with that. I can find someone who loves me."

Charlie smiled. "My mum is in town. She's missed you," she told her.

"Wow. I'll have to see her next time she's around. Did she meet Tom? What did she think of him?" Mia asked.

Charlie grinned. "She really liked him. But it's hard not to. I've never been as happy as I have been with him."

"Good. I'm glad. I want you to be happy. Because you deserve it. You deserve the best. And that's Tom."

***
Charlie was sitting in her classroom. Tom walked in and smiled. "Hey. You okay?" He asked as he kissed her.

Charlie nodded and smiled. "I'm good. I just don't feel the best. My head hurts. And I think I drank too much wine with my mum," she mumbled.

Tom smirked. "Never did I think I'd be drinking with Max Tyler's mum. Came as a shock."

Charlie laughed and smiled. "She likes you. So you don't have to try too hard."

***
Max walked over to Charlie who was standing. He smiled. "I've gotten out of this meeting with mum. So thank you for trying to drop me in it. But it's not happening," he told her.

Charlie rolled her eyes. "You're just being ridiculous now Max. You're a grown man and you act worse than a kid."

Max smirked and walked off. Charlie again rolled her eyes. But she had no idea how things with Max were about to get worse as their father came to town.