0025💖

Things between Charlie and Tom were getting much worse. The tension between them was unbearable at the moment. Charlie had no idea what to do about anything.

That morning, she woke in bed and sighed. She was still staying with Mia. Tom wouldn't even talk to her anymore. And she had no idea what on earth she was going to do about it.

Charlie left her bedroom and saw Mia. She smiled. "Shocked my brother isn't here," she said.

Mia smiled. "No. I figured we could do with a break. All the sex gets too much at times. And then I feel sore," she told her.

Charlie nodded and looked to her. "Tom won't talk to me. He told me he wants me to leave him alone. I haven't done anything Mia," she mumbled.

"I know. Look, I'll talk to him for you. There's no reason he should be acting like this. I could understand if you'd cheated on him. But you haven't. So I don't know why he won't talk to you," Mia said.

"Thanks Mi. I appreciate this."

"I got your back honey."

•••
Arriving at work, Charlie saw Tom and sighed. She made no effort to go and talk to him knowing he wouldn't talk to her.

Mia smiled. "I'll wait till we don't have everyone around. Cause I have a feeling I'll be shouting at him," she said.

Charlie sighed and nodded. "I just don't even know if it's worth it anymore. Look at how he's treated me. Like garbage. And I just... I don't care for it."

"I'll still talk to him."

•••
Charlie walked into the office. She looked to her brother and smiled. "Bit of a shock to see you not in Mia's place this morning."

"No I had stuff to do. Don't worry. I'll be there tonight."

"Thanks for the heads up. I'll stick my earphones in tonight," Charlie said.

Max saw the look on his sister's face. And he was Annoyed at how Tom was treating her. He looked to her. "I know it's hard with you and Tom. But it's going to be okay. He will come round."

"I don't know anymore Max. I just feel like maybe he's had enough. And that he doesn't want to even try anymore. And it sucks."

Max pulled his sister into his arms. He smiled. "It's going to be okay. Tom will come round."

"I don't know anymore. I just don't."

•••
Charlie walked into the staffroom. She saw Tom and smiled. "Can we talk?" She asked.

"What's up?"

Charlie sighed. "I really don't know what's going on with us. I just miss you. I miss us. And I want to know what I can do to put this right?" She said.

Tom shook his head and sighed. "I don't know. I just need some time. I've genuinely had enough of this place. And I'm unsure of what our future could be."

Charlie frowned. "Tom. I love you. And we can make us work. I know that we can."

"I don't know anymore."

•••
Charlie was sitting in her classroom. The tears were falling down her cheeks. She knew that she missed Tom. But she couldn't keep fighting if he wasn't going to do the same.

But was this really Charlie and Tom over for good?