F O R T Y - N I N E

»»─────𝟙𝟡 𝕕𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕝𝕖𝕗𝕥 𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝔻-𝔻𝕒𝕪─────««

"Oh hi, Chan... what the fuck has happened to you?? you look like shit," Jiyeon exclaimed the moment she saw the latter walk in with a bruised lip and blood scattered on his clothing.

The blood either belonged to him or the enemies, Chan didn't know nor did he really care at this point, all he wanted was to rest. The adrenaline was still pumping hard around his body to the point he couldn't feel any wounds.

"Thank you for the compliment, appreciate it"

"No problem, anytime"

"Okay but on a serious note what happened?!" She exclaimed.

"Before you start raising your voice, it was just a small mission we had to undertake. Nothing serious, it just got bloody like always" The male groaned, throwing himself onto the bed.

"okay first of all, first of all, who said I was going to raise my voice? Cause I clearly didn't and second of all... did you win?" The female questioned, getting up to grab the medical kit.

Chan raised his head from the pillow and sent a questioning and judgemental look towards the female who only shrugged. "What?? It was a genuine question"

"Of course we won, the building they were in blew up the moment we left the area"

"Oh... I don't know if that's a good or bad thing but anyways... take your shirt off, let me inspect your wounds" She said, sitting on the edge of the bed with the medical box placed on her lap.

"Are you sure that's the only reason why I should take my shirt off?" He replied cheekily, a smirk crawling upon his face.

"I will stab you with this scalpel."

"Sheesh woman, why you so violent??"

"Says the mafia boss,"

After Jiyeon tended the males wound, she put the medical kit away and the two sat on the bed. Silence entered the room but it was not an awkward one, more like a calm, peaceful one.

He pulled her close to rest his chin on top of her shoulder, his fingers tracing circles over her wrists. The girl could feel her back press against his well-sculpted chest, though she did not mind it. She always found herself comfortable in his arms. She breathed in the aroma of his expensive fragrance, which seemed to be his favourite. The girl did not complain, as it mixed quite well with his own natural scent.

"I like this... This is nice..." Chan muttered tiredly from behind her, nuzzling his face sleepily against the back of her neck.

".. Me too..." She sighed. "I never thought that one of those cringy movie scenes would come to reality," she chuckled, the male lifting his head slowly, turning to eye her.