T H I R T Y - S I X

The agents surrounded the Top Four

The agents surrounded the Top Four. All around, all over, scattered in every direction possible; any thinkable exit routes were covered by at least three agents who stood guard, each grasping a weapon of some sort that was ready to be fired.

Normally, Taeyong would inform the rest of the Top Four via earpiece about the retreat though due to it getting damaged because of water seeping in, he had no other way on communicating except face to face.

With only two knowing about the withdrawal, twenty-five continuing to fight for their lives and vengeance and fifteen down because of injuries; there was no chance they were making it out without losing some men.

"Jiyeon," a hand gripped her shoulder where a bullet had pierced through it, a whimper left her mouth at the action. "Go up, inform Stray Kids and BTS on the withdrawing" Taeyong panted out.

"what withdraw-"

"Just say the word, they will understand!" he snapped unintentionally, he was apprehensive of losing one of his gang members during this ambush – he wanted every one of them to be safe yet is currently failing especially with one being in the hands of the CIA.

Jiyeon nodded, still perplexed but obliged, she knew this was the only decision; to proceed in this current situation would just be utter foolishness bearing in mind the upper hand they hold and purposeless casualties that will occur if this is continued.

The agony of the wound spiralled across her body as she put pressure on it, sucking in a sharp breath, Jiyeon could feel the thick scarlet rivers running freely down her arm, staining the fabric of her clothing. One thing she knew for sure it was going to be very painful to clean.

Jiyeon bolted up those stairs like an Olympic champion at the start gun, her legs began to feel numb and wobbly, agonisingly sore once she was halfway up the building.

She figured the two gangs were somewhere on the top floor, considering the mass quantity of agents laying like dolls, limbs at uncomfortable angles and heads held in such a way where the only reasonable option was it being snapped. After everything that happened, all these losses, there was no more sentimentality for the dead.

She reached the fifteenth floor only to see two familiar figures, Kim Taehyung and Seo Changbin, the girl wasted no time on sprinting towards them.

"Taeyong t-told me to inform you guys on some sort of um... retreat?" she gasped out. "I don't know when or how but I think it's now" she gulped, still trying to catch her breath, she could practically feel her heart ram against her ribs.

The two men looked at each other before running down. "Inform the rest, they are on the five remaining floors" Taehyung instructed a few seconds before he disappeared.

She sprinted up the stairs and whenever she saw a recognisable face, she informed them by just stating one-word 'retreat'. Some may think this is a lack of timidity but in certain circumstances, retreating could be a sign of bravery rather than cowardice, it takes courage to back down and let the enemies think they are at an advantage.