F I F T Y - N I N E

He had closed his eyes for only a moment before he felt his body jolt, gasping slightly as his eyes opened, finding himself being carried mid-air

He turned back finding Felix, holding tightly onto a grappling hook with his life, his brows knotting in pain. "Wait, no! You can't leave Jiyeon there!!!" He yelled, turning back to look in her direction.

"Jiyeon was there?!" The younger asked in between his grunts, his head turning to check.

The buildings were crumbling, causing the younger to grimace, "it's too dangerous to go back,"

"No, you don't understand! She needs to get out of there quickly--"

Bangchan's words came to an abrupt halt as an explosion sounded, causing multiple buildings to collapse.

He watched, completely horrified as a twelve-story building fell over where his beloved other rested.

"NO, FELIX, TAKE ME BACK,"

".. Chris, I'm... I'm sorry but I can't. We've already lost many of our family and friends. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you too!" he argued back.

"YOU HAVE TO,"

"Listen, I don't know how close you and Jiyeon are, but you must be going mad if you think she'd survive that!! The least you could do is live,"

The older only stared at that very building as his eyes began to water, lining the outer edges with a crystal clear layer of his tears, most of them building upright over his bottom lashes due to the gravity. "I really don't know how close you two were. But if you are this heartbroken, then I'm sure she would be too if you were to suffer..."

Eventually, they landed safely on the ground. By that time, the older's tears had already dried up, though his eyes and face remained red.

"You're stronger than this, Bangchan. I'm sure she thinks so too," Felix said as he hugged him. "I never really hated her. She saved our lives after all, and treated our wounds with no complaints- we hadn't even asked her to," he muttered. "But you have to live. We all need you,!"

Bangchan only nodded with a sigh before he grabbed onto his gun.

"We'll live... Not for ourselves, but for the dead..." He let out, his voice hoarse. "Where are the others??"

"We all split up... Many passed, sadly..."

"I'm not leaving you behind, Felix. We'll make it out of here with the rest of our family," Bangchan sighed out, patting the younger's shoulder before walking past him. "How many left to kill?"

"I'm not sure. I haven't heard from the hackers since the connection broke," the younger spoke, following behind him.

They walked with heavy hearts carried by their stiff chests in the midst of the war. But they had to carry on with their purpose.