T W E N T Y - E I G H T

A sharp fragrance of beverages wafts towards the female, the filthy haze of smoke blends with the malodorous odour of alcohol

A sharp fragrance of beverages wafts towards the female, the filthy haze of smoke blends with the malodorous odour of alcohol. Laughter and chatter overpower the calm melody being played from the jukebox. Along the wall was every hue of the alcoholic substance stored inside their glass bottle.

There Jiyeon sat, in a booth in the corner of the ostensible café, an uneasy tension roamed the atmosphere. Agitated eyes stared around unceremoniously.

Jiyeon shifted uncomfortably in her seat, wiping her perspiring and apprehensive hands on her thighs, upper front teeth biting down on her lower lip; an action which is common from the girl when she is nervous.

The leader of the group, Solar, was blessed with the capacity to effortlessly read people as if they were an open novel. Her eyes grabbed the attentiveness on how Jiyeon looked uncomfortable and reluctant.

Solar's hand reached out for the younger ones, clutching it prior to giving it a faint squeeze. "You need to calm down, we aren't going to harm you," she said, voice seeping softness.

A deep breath was inhaled. "How do you know Tonia? Why did she inform me to locate you??"

The four of them shared glimpses before Moonbyul, the sniper of the group, cleared her throat, prepared to speak up. "Before we explain everything, you have to swear not to inform anyone about this or else it will spark war"

The female nodded slowly, distraught at what she was about to get herself into.

Wheein, the hacker of the gang, scanned the area, making sure no one was eavesdropping on their conversation before scooting closer to Jiyeon, lips appearing closer to her ear as she muttered her following phrase.

"We are undercover agents working with the NIS..."

Jiyeon's eyes expanded, her herself knew the ramifications of the actions of the four, she recalled how the top four would react at the doings of this gang, so she was worried, worried at what she is getting herself into.

"The NIS sent us here, to retrieve information, figure out their weak spots, their next agenda etc. Though the difficulty is none of us is able to do as assigned as these people are wise, they see us anywhere near their office, it's the end for us" Hwasa, the manipulator of the group spoke.

"Jiyeon, you are the only one capable here to fulfil the task, you are with the top four 24/7, heck you even live with them which gives you the advantage on obtaining information easier than we could, it allows you to know what is arising and when it will happen. Please, for the sake of Korea and its citizens... will you work with us, the NIS and Tonia?"

"Wouldn't you want to complete the duty you commenced a year ago? Not long ago, you were in our position, wanting to take these people down, wanting to restore Korea to its former glory but was unsuccessful in doing so"

Jiyeon looked up at MoonByul, confusion observable on her face, it was the first of her hearing something like this which intrigued her, she wanted to know more, more on who she was and what she did for a living.

"What was I? Why did Tonia blame them for the reason on having amnesia...?"

"You were assigned the same task, take down MG, though complexity arose which resulted in you escaping to Panama on the downside they caught you and you ended up in prison where you met Tonia. The two of you schemed an escape which you successfully achieved however later you got caught by MG where they took you to a cliff and shoved you off" 

Astonishment infiltrated the female, she never expected to have lived that kind of life before.

Myriad of thoughts clouded her mind, her gaze roaming towards the city outside the window, eyes surveyed the world, glancing at those sitting on the frigid, littered ground, begging for wealth.

The vines that slithered up the cracked and shattered window sills, the deteriorating plaster that surrounded the stone bricks, graffiti sprayed on the walls, litter dumped on the streets.

Fights occurring wherever you look, a person being stabbed here, another dying from starvation there, others being threatened, stores being broke into... the whole city was in disarray.

Her heart dropped at the scenery, she knew if she didn't do anything about it, more lives would be at hazard, more casualties will occur and the entire city will be at its lowest point.

"... I'll help"

 I'll help"

.

.

.