T W E N T Y - T W O

The volume of the bullet spitting out of the firearm ricocheted off the walls

The volume of the bullet spitting out of the firearm ricocheted off the walls. The bullet charged towards the chest of the male in front of her, hitting him quicker than ever, the force resulted in him being propelled backwards, hands making its way towards the wound as his body landed on the floor, the colour slowly draining from his face and lips turning blue.

The sight of a dead man staring straight at her preoccupies her mind, everything else is blank, the sound of guns, screams, shouts just went through one ear and out the other. She couldn't believe she had just shot someone without having a second thought.

Her eyes pierced the gun in her open palms which were shaking, her breathing heavier than usual.

"You used to be such a good kid... Glad I was able to break that out of you,"

The sentence was the last thing that was heard before she was startled out of her nightmare. Jiyeon's entire body was drenched in a cold sweat, body trembling, heart-pounding, the remainder of her nightmare still lingered in her mind.

She stared straight at the wall in front of her, guilt began to enter her body, eat her up from the inside out as the previous day's incident haunts her mind. Even if it was out of defence, she couldn't help feeling remorse over her doings.

The room was entirely dark, no light to be seen, her mind had no trouble imagining the dead male's body whom she killed in the corner of the room, his eyes pried open, skin paperwhite and slowly decaying. It stared straight into her eyes allowing her hairs to stand up on her skin.

Tears pricked Jiyeon's eyes, threatening to fall, one blink and the corpse disappeared. She felt sick to the stomach due to what she did.

The bulb illuminated the room, scaring the female. A frightened cry left her mouth as she buried her face into her palms. Even her breath began to tremble.

An audible gulp left her mouth as she looked up, seeing a familiar male staring down at her, she calmed down slightly, knowing someone was there.

"Nightmare...?" Chan asked to which she replied with a small nod.

"Out in these streets, there is an unwritten law, kill or be killed, if you didn't pull the trigger, not only Jaemin would have been dead, so would you. Don't take what you did yesterday to heart, we are all grateful for what you did as we still have Jaemin alive. Neither way, that man would have died, in your hands, our hands or the governments." He spoke, voice laced with softness which was a first.

She inhaled a breath and nodded.

There were a few minutes of silence before the male spoke up. "Are you still up to complete the mission...?"

"I got the file? I thought it had been completed" Her eyebrow slightly raised. "We thought too, but the file didn't have all the information we needed" He replied.