My take on bases...

This is something I should really say in regards to bases, especially those that have implemented these mlp bases in both Deviantart and Wattpad. I won't call out any "artist" in these media I listed, you guys know who I might refer to or elsewhere. Now, my confession...

This is the one I have a lot of knowledge and experience, whenever I see a mlp base and someone "made" their oc insert to it, I keep seeing "my art," "it took me forever," and "don't steal my artwork," no matter where I go, I just see that, now this is some people that do that. These some people either credit the ones who do the base and there are some people who didn't bother doing it, I will go to that later, but, ahem, I might get this from a lot of people hating on me but how is it your art where all you do is just add clothing, color the skin, and hair. Do you own the art originally? How do you call that your art? It's one of those that piss me off, now, whenever someone said it took me forever, makes me think your just a beginner, it's even funnier where these people still do this currently this year, now I know people are going to say this but hear me out. It would be acceptable if you use a base just to get started in art and over time, you'll get over it and start your own art whenever it's in digital or sketch, but for this, it doesn't apply, it just makes me think you haven't tried sketch on paper if you say it's too hard... PRACTICE. PRACTICE. PRACTICE ON PAPER, THERE'S A REASON WHY YOUTUBE VIDEOS EXISTED. So, don't give me an excuse that it was hard when you haven't practice and practice again, do you think it's impressive to do an mlp base art than an original art? Just asking.

Bases are just a similar method to tracing. Just expect to see one from MLP or maybe from Sonic. Make your own art style and use references, references are okay, just, don't abuse or misuse the term if you get caught at 4k. I had to say this for the last, but it is just the same as I said for my art part, but I will add more stuff to this. When people say stuff like that, there are a few people who said that and don't even credit it, AND before you say, "but I was lazy to give a credit," then edited it, shouldn't be TOO HARD to do. If you tell me to stop ranting/bullying over this rant and tell us to move on it's not too hard to ask the type of crap, then editing and give credit to the original who also trace it to your page/chapter that you post the bases you did.

In conclusion, bases can be a great way for beginners and a great way for improvement, keep continuing to use bases for years is the sign that you need to start doing sketch art and practice them. As well they are heavily being abuse and misused, I would like to see the funny comments I will receive, even the ignorant comments that will happen. If you say "it's your opinion, I don't agree with you on that but yeah" in the comments section, then it'll be funny since these people are not good at comfort and rather go to their safe place, this is on specific people, not all, just a reminder, only on specific people I will find it funny. Anyways, that's all I have to say for this rant, apologies for the Flame Super Volume 9 new chapter, it's almost ALMOST done. Hopefully on Tuesday will be posted, have a blessed day and enjoy life, peace!

The base in the thumbnail: https://www.deviantart.com/yaya54320bases/art/Equestria-Girl-Base-312-807715831