Daengmo (Seungmin x Bang Chan AU)

Little boy blue likes to hang out with lemon boy.

————

"Hey, mister!"

Little Chan looked back at the voice that called his name.

A puppy looking boy who was sucking on a sucker and held a puppy stuffie by it's limp arm, stood there.

"Why are you picking on Jinnie?" He pulls out his sucker and points it at Chan who held little Hyunjin by his shirt.

"Beat it, twerp. This is between me and him." Chan says.

Seungmin frowns and with his sucker back in his mouth, he marches over to Chan and begins hitting him with the stuffie.

"Get off!" Seungmin shouts repeatedly which gain the attention of the teacher who was supposed to be watching the children.

"Seungmin!" She shouts and runs over to swoop him up.

"No! He was helping me! Chan was being mean to me!" Hyunjin defends him.

Chan was rubbing his face that was hit by the stuffie as the teacher said, "Bang Chan, apologizes to Hyunjin. Now."

"But-" "No buts! This instant, young man!"

Chan sighs and turns to Hyunjin with his arms crossed, his cheeks puff in anger.

"Sorry." He mumbles.

"Like you mean it." She says.

"I'm sorry, Hyunjin." He repeats with a forced smile.

"Thank you. Now, no more hitting Seungmin. You come to me if there is a problem. Alright?" She looks at the puppy boy.

"Yes, ma'am." He nods.

"Good. Why don't you come with Hyunjin so we can get some ice on that cheek?" The teacher offers her hand. Hyunjin gladly took it and before walking off, "Thank you!" He kisses Seungmin's cheek.

Chan looks at Seungmin with a frown as he says, "I don't like you."

"Well, I'm sorry. I'm Seungmin though and this is Daengmo!" The puppy boy shows his stuffie.

Chan looks at him oddly. Most kids ran away from him in fear of getting bullied.

This puppy boy with doe eyes and chubby cheeks stood here with a friendship waiting to happen.

"I'm Chan."

That's how Seungmin ended up being Chan's best friend. Even through middle school and trough high school.

Chan didn't change his ways though. He got into fights and almost got arrested a handful of times. He would steal alcohol and go to parties. He was still a rough kid who didn't like nobody.

Expect Seungmin.

The sweet boy who also didn't change. He still was kind and smart till this day. He even still had his stuffie from that day. It was his pride and joy. He said he wanted to pass it down to his kids.

Nobody understand how Seungmin would even dare to hang out with Chan. The two opposites not even having one thing in common but that didn't matter to them. They understood their friendship and that's all that did matter.

As Seungmin said, "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter, and those who matter, don't mind."

Chan was a perfect friend for Seungmin as well. He loved helping others but couldn't seem to stand up for himself.