21 - Do not-

(third person pov)

Chloe looked at him confused as she pulled him away “You ok?”.

"I think so... I just completely zoned out, and could only focus on Shoucchan, what he said, his scent, his warmth, I only realized I was being weird and clingy a few moments ago" he explained. even now, that Phrase lingered in the back of his mind, 'the best thing that ever happened to me'. 

Chloe thought to herself thinking “Does this usually happen?”. suddenly she remembered the conversation she had with Mage the other day, 'Hybrids aren't quite like the animals they're associated with, heats and ruts are based off emotional reaction rather than a set cycle, because human "mating" is not directly to produce children but because of emotional connection'. Chloe realised “..Ah shit-“ started thinking through how to resolve this without him having to do the dirty with Todo.... again. 

"what?" he tilted his head, not yet understanding what was wrong with him... time to scan through the Neko informational book Mage gifted Todo, see if there's any solution OTHER than the obvious/perverted choice. Chloe sighed “I’ll be right back” she walked out to grab the book and quickly returned skimming through it.

"what's wrong with me?" he asked, watching her look through the book. she was getting really deep into the book, before stopping at a specific page. 

Chloe read through the page only answering quickly “Heat or I should say rut”. this took the Neko by surprise, from the book she discovered there were only two ways to deal with a rut, which is Mating, or simply waiting for it to pass. which is probably why Mage was so insistent on changing their sleeping arrangements until they're in an official relationship.
Chloe read through it and looked at him “Ok you’ll have to wait for it to pass and be less affectionate with Todo”. The green haired Neko Whined, feeling horrible at the mere thought that his Shoucchan might feel unloved or unappreciated even if it would only be a few days.

"isn't there literally any other way to handle it? I mean by instinct I want to be closer and instinct wouldn't intentionally create problems, right?" he asked, indirectly letting Chloe know she physically can't tell him the other solution until they're together, we might've already had one incident, we don't need another.

The blonde shut the book “No not really, the other option can ruin yours and Todo’s relationship” she informed him. he huffed, but didn't try arguing again, Todo's love was the only thing that mattered, so if the other option could ruin his efforts, it's better he avoid it. but that doesn't mean he's not going to whine about not being able to give Shoucchan affection.

Chloe giggles softly “You’ll have to sleep in separate rooms sadly, but it won’t last long! Maybe-“.

"what's wrong with our current sleeping arrangement?!" he asked.

“If you want to keep your relationship with Todo I suggest listening!” She replied and gently smacked him on the head with the book, not enough to hurt him.

he made a weird chittering meow type noise in despair, but reluctantly agreed, so they re entered the living room, Mage quickly caught on to what's going on, and helped us explain to Todo, without exposing Midoriya's feelings before he can form a proper relationship, that Midoriya will need to be a bit distant for a while till he gets better.

(Mage's pov)

things calmed down, after we semi solved the sleeping arrangement, though through the website I showed Todo, the futon/Tatami matt will take a day to get here even at fastest shipping. so to settle things down, since Todo might be working with me until he gets noticed as a dancer, I decided to get their input on my ideas for the café.

"I mean as I started aspiring towards this in high school, I had a clear idea of what I wanted, but what I wanted isn't quite normal... I had plans for a small Alice in wonderland themed café, with thematic plates, cups, bowls, cutlery, but... the internet and phycology seem to have very different opinions on whether my idea is good or not. I want to open an Alice in Wonderland themed café, and I would strictly avoid doing anything normally to stay on brand, but r/wewantplates decrees serving food must be boring and mundane, so I might just change it to a sun themed café, name it la soleil, which is french for 'the sun'. can't put my culinary schooling to waste now." I explained.
Chloe thought through the idea “Ah I see! That isn’t a half bad idea! I like your thinking!”

"La Soleil, or the Alice theme?" I asked, wanting to clarify as I have a history of misunderstanding people, it kinda seemed in favor of La Soleil since I mentioned it last, but I don't want to misinterpret.

Me: *has multiple stories Still going*

Brain: I have an idea

Me: does the idea involve any of my current stories?

Brain: .................... You should do another Yandere Deku book.

Me: can the idea be reworked and applied to the Neko or Villain Deku stories?

Brain: no, Because this time it's the Halloween Au! *Reminds me of that picture I found where vampire Todo is going through his daily bullshit and pays zero mind to ghost Deku following him everywhere*

Me: do we have anything besides a character dynamic at least?

Brain: *oddly specific situation for Todo to be in in the first chapter* - and then the dude just dies, and Todo's confused, but being a vampire, free blood is free blood.