01: Recklessness.

Growing up in an abusive household where your suppressed emotions end up manifesting into utmost anger and impulsive recklessness is unfortunately something that most people go through in this world

Growing up in an abusive household where your suppressed emotions end up manifesting into utmost anger and impulsive recklessness is unfortunately something that most people go through in this world. Some learning the art of hiding it, burying it deep down into the darkest parts of their subconscious minds as the excruciating trauma makes it hard for them to remember it anymore. Just blank void surfacing instead of those memories.

Others end up growing a backbone and eventually take a stand for themselves. Come out in the open with their stories to motivate other victims of such violence and heartbreaking pain they experienced in their own home, under their own roof where protection was supposed to await them after their birth.

But somehow, I didn't fall into any of these categories because of the restraints that were put around me. As bad as it was, dying was never an option to me because no matter how horrible the circumstances were, pushing me against the hard rough path of life, I always found myself standing even if my knees faltered.

At times, it felt like nothing existed that made me want to live except a singular ray of hope that always dawned upon me whenever the dark thoughts of taking my own body to the grave entered my messed up mind.

I had seen things that I wouldn't even wish upon my worst enemy to witness in their home, being only six. Hell lot of blood, bruises and violence under the same roof that was ought to protect me.

Right now was one of those moments where I had shown my impulsivity without realizing that the consequences I would bear will be full of agonizing pain and tear filled eyes.

I clutched my fingers around the cold metal holding my bag together, wandering around the empty deserted streets that I wasn't even allowed to get near of.

Being outside like this, all alone ambling midst the scent of rain mixed with the smell of fresh soil and earth was what brought me immense peace but my harsh reality never abandoned my mind.

Soft zephyr caressed my skin, sending my dark locks in a frenzy. Releasing a wavered sigh, I couldn't help but think about the words my mother spewed out to me before I practically ran out from my golden cage.

'We have found you a man. Maybe he'll be able to put you in your place.'

I wished, desperately and really badly that this was one of her minor threats to get my act straight and turn me into the polite little lady they expected me to become when they had me albeit the hint of seriousness in her tone almost made me want to not go home.

I was a girl full of dreams. Just like everyone else on this planet. I wished to become something, to create my own story and fall in love. I was young, energetic and maybe slightly immature too but deep down I knew that becoming a rich man's trophy wife was not something I desired - specially when I barely knew that person.