18: Thorns of the past.

A whole month passed by but it felt like no little time had passed for Eira

A whole month passed by but it felt like no little time had passed for Eira. Everything was back to normal in the mansion — that is, Eira's perception of normal. Everyone suddenly started interacting with the girl and even the two mischievous pranksters had left her alone.

It was only under the order of the man as he had a whole meeting regarding Eira, telling everyone to not mistreat her.

It was obvious that Viktor had taken a liking in her. Eve and Santiago could tell as they had known the man since he was quite young but others thought it was only for the sake of not wanting drama in his mansion.

Little did they know, their boss was fascinated by the girl and couldn't shut her out of his brain.

No one other than the two closest to the male appeared to notice the slight changes in Viktor's behavior. The distraction between meetings, the lost gaze when he would think of the girl and the glances he stole from her.

How could they notice it? The thought that Viktor might have some sort of attraction towards Eira never crossed their feeble minds because again, Viktor was royalty — practically. Eira was just a maid.

That was what she was.

But they had no idea she held onto wealth more than they could imagine.

It was the situation that made her like this. Made her elope and leave all that behind because in reality, all she desired was her freedom and to live the world.

She knew the world was awful. It was dark but she also knew that it held onto a side more beautiful than the darkness.

There resided beautiful places, beautiful people and beautiful emotions in this world. Extravagant looking museums, libraries filled with millions of books and gorgeous looking hotels situated on the beach where you can watch the sunrise.

Eira wanted to explore it all.

As much as things felt calm, Eira knew there was a threat looming outside. Threat of her father and the fact that he would hurt her, a lot if he manages to get his hands on her.

She was living under the roof of a man that she didn't even know.

Being the daughter of her conservative parents, they would end her on the spot if she ever falls into their hands. But Eira couldn't sit still and let the fear of her father get her. She couldn't turn Viktor's mansion into a cage for herself.

She was not going to let her father win. Not when she went through so much just to have her freedom and now when she finally has it, Eira was not going to sit inside the four walls of Viktor's mansion - afraid that her father might capture her.