10: Suspicion.

A full week had passed and everything was slowly falling back into place

A full week had passed and everything was slowly falling back into place. Viktor was recovering, the wounds given to Santiago were healing and we also got to know in details what actually went wrong with the prospective arms dealing trade which was a masked trap.

Trap to lure Viktor in and kill him ableit he managed to escape and Santiago got rid of them all. I was appalled at how Santiago managed to kill multiple people while he was all alone but then they were strong men. They had fast reflexes and were taught how to fight.

But Santiago wasn't even bothered by it.

Arwen throwing herself into his arms had piqued his interest more than anything in this world. Since the past days, he had been bothering me about Arwen and why the girl hugged him so abruptly when they barely interacted. I always either ignored it, slipped under his gaze or used Viktor as an excuse to get away.

It was not my place to tell him and I hoped for him to stop pestering me about it.

I had expected some sort of camaraderie between us to form but that was stupid of me. He was my boss and the injured male I was trying to nurse back to health. I enjoyed his company and I guess he enjoyed mine, that was all there to it. His eyes were always impassive, having no sort of emotion in them meanwhile I would tell him about my interests.

I was holding a few hangers with clothes hanging from it while I walked upstairs to his room.

When Eve said I was going to be his caretaker, I had no idea that it also meant following the man around like a lost puppy and becoming his nanny, almost his assistant. All he did was reject any sort of help, not accepting any of my help and not allowing me to do my job to the point I wanted to strap the man down.

Upon entering his room, I saw him battling with a futile attempt to stand and I immediately rushed towards him complete loseining my fingers around the hangers and throwing them onto something nearby which was a chair.

"Let me help you," I gently took his arm and wrapped it around my shoulder, helping him walk. Viktor sighed and tried to remove his arm away from my shoulder but I tightened my fingers around his biceps — as a warning, passing him a glare.

"I know you're very strong and have gotten shot before, the usual. But let me help you." My words managed to shut the male up and I smiled at my victory.

Albeit viktor was heavy and buff, I still helped him sit down on the chair in front of his bed that I used to sit on. Eve even asked me to help Viktor dress up but the male simply denied, not interested in the offer.

Hell as if I would agree to that.

I could tell he was really strong by how fast his recovery was. Although I still wanted him to be careful and not open up his stitches.