35: Violet kisses of love.

It has been days since her evasion towards me had begun

It has been days since her evasion towards me had begun. It was right after the kiss she never talked to me or even looked my way and it was amusing because she was going to be my wife in a couple of upcoming days. Grandmother wished to skip past all the rituals and get us married as soon as possible though that wasn't possible as the bride stayed locked up in her room. I had invited Eve, Santiago and even Arwen who basically carried a magic wand that was capable of fixing Eira's mood.

It felt empty though. The celebrations and the decorations as the bride did not seem happy. Like she was filled with regrets. Regretting the kiss we shared, regretting the close proximity between us. 

I wanted to talk to her. Tell her if she was not comfortable, we shouldn't go through with the wedding but Eira always averted her gaze away from me. Her voice was slow and soft whenever she spoke in my presence and I was honestly starting to miss the rebellious little girl who didn't hesitate to stare at me right in the eye. Who did not hesitate to put me in my place and talk back at every chance she got. 

Today the ring ceremony was going to take place and I was waiting for my guests from all around the world to arrive. The disrespect these men would feel would be immense and I did not wish to cause unnecessary drama and shutting down of deals because they were not invited. Eira was copped up in her room and only came out when it was a necessity. 

It worried me that she had become so distant from me. It tugged at my heart and even made me panic. And to make a man like me panic was difficult, almost impossible. I had gotten used to her frank and coquettish behavior with me to the point the desire to bring it out by force took me over now and then.

Whether it be day or night, I always thought of her. Eira never left my mind and I felt vulnerable now that I wasn't receiving an ounce of her attention. I wanted to hold her like how she held me, kiss her and tell her how badly I wished to be close to her but that was bound to ruin things more given how tense the situation was beforehand.

It appeared that she needed space and I was going to give it to her.

The whole palace was being decorated with flowers and colorful fabrics adorning the walls brightening up the dull interior. A reminder how Eira filled my dull life with bright colors of her own. I watched as the servants of the palace rushed here and there trying to make everything perfect since the only heir to the Yaroslav family was going to get married.

Though my mind was only occupied with her, my heart beating rapidly as the vision of her standing besides me as my wife.

I discussed the business deals through video call, sending my men after the people that wouldn't sign and wish to have an alliance with me. It's what I did and I expected her to despise me but after getting to know me so deeply, she still stayed. There was so much we still needed to share with each other but the kiss, it tarnished everything.