14: Bad night.

I was on the bed, with a very obvious frown danging from my lips

I was on the bed, with a very obvious frown danging from my lips. I kicked the blanket off my body and the girl sitting besides me sighed for the umpteenth time before picking up thr blanket and covering me with it. Mostly my legs that were covered since they were bruised, cold and pale.

After Viktor bought me back here to his house, I was basically shoved into my room and locked away but with Arwen this time since I could try to run away again from the window. She was like my babysitter.

"Eira, stop throwing a tantrum." Arwen sighed.

I snapped my head in her direction almost giving myself whiplash. I began glaring at the girl and she cowered underneath my gaze, muttering an apology before throwing her arms around me and embracing me in a warm hug. As much as I didn't want to melt and steam off, I still did.

Viktor was quiet throughout the whole car ride while Santiago talked about other things that had absolutely nothing to do with this tense situation we were in. He went on and on about how beautiful nature is and how we must learn to love it as if his friend didn't blow up a whole gas station.

I could see right through his little act that he was trying to make the tension between me and Viktor disappear because it was so thick – hell it was even giving him trouble breathing but his attempts were futile.

I knew he did not give two fucks about nature and how we must protect it. Although I think, we should. Nature is beautiful and we are destroying it.

That isn't something you should be focusing on right now.

My conscience whispered to me.

It was right. Nature was not something I should be thinking and worrying about right now when there was eighty – actually scratch that. Ninety percent chance that Viktor might kill me and dump my body in some sewer because apparently he thinks I work for my asshole of a father.

Not even a proper burial.

I couldn't believe that they would accuse me of being a spy. Someone like me.

I can't even shut my mouth and always feel the need to babble about random, useless things. It was amusing that they thought I was a spy. The door suddenly slammed open disturbing me and Arwen's little hug time. I knew who it was and I didn't bother looking at him instead focused on hugging Arwen but even she slid off the bed.

I looked at Arwen and she shot me an apologetic look before scurrying away, sliding right between the small amount of space that was left between the door and Viktor.

Thank you very much.

Viktor shut the door and took long speedy strides towards the bed, now standing right in front of me. I crossed my arms over my chest, not really caring. At this point, he could threaten to kill me and I wouldn't bother blinking an eye because I was tired of his shit. He was full of shit, irrational and jumped to conclusions.