04: Cleaning, Craving, Crying.

I was in the kitchen, lending the two twin chefs a hand

I was in the kitchen, lending the two twin chefs a hand. Both of them appeared the same to an extent it was difficult to differentiate between them except for the two inch height difference. Dario was the taller twin and Deigo was the shorter one. Both twins enjoyed cooking aromatic cuisines from different cultures and always spoke english around us with an italian intonation.

Viktor left with his guards and another guy that apparently didn't appear to be bothered in the slightest by the man's ferocious and intimidating aura. He was tall, tan and seemed muscular but he was a bit onto the leaner side unlike Viktor.

I was really surrounded by so many strangers, my mom would pass out if she ever got to know about this. She always thought that men would harm me and that I was too innocent for this world but I wasn't.

I knew how things worked, I knew people were horrible and cruel but I didn't know how to use a damn washing machine. The world could be at war right now and I would still care more about the fact that I didn't know how to work a washing machine than people waging a war.

"Pass me the salt, Eira." Dario ordered causing my thoughts to come crashing down as I nodded at him, passing him the bottle filled with pale little rocks.

Everyone was appalled that I lived in Italy but couldn't understand the language nor speak it. That being partly my fault as I never really bothered learning it, not having many friends here since the beginning.

I watched Dario intently, his pinky finger dipping into the small amount of sauce he had picked up into a spoon, swiftly licking it off. He seemed to revel in the taste, nodding his head which insinuated he approved the taste of the sauce he made. Quickly, it was poured over the pasta placed neatly into the plate and everything was fascinating to me.

His skills were amazing. I wanted to learn from him as well.

Eve soon entered the kitchen and looked at me sitting on the counter by the chef, gawking at him. Her arrival made me slip off the counter. Even Eve at times was intimidating or maybe I was just a coward because of how I had spent the past eighteen years of my life.

"I have a task for you, new girl. Go to the library and arrange the books properly since Viktor is having guests over." I nodded my head, pleased by the fact that I was finally given some proper work. Though my feet stalled when I realized I didn't know where the hell the library was located in this spacious mansion.

I flicked my own forehead at my foolishness and swiveled around, ambling back to the kitchen. The woman smiled, shaking her head at me.

"Third floor, left hallway and you'll see a big white door." I nodded my head at her and imitated my action from before, running for the stairs.

The third floor was scary to say the least and I wanted to cry for Eve sending me up here, all alone in such a deserted almost abandoned place. The walls were tall, standing above me towering and the hallways had multiple doors, each one waiting to be opened and share its own tale. I reached the white pale doors and upon pushing it open, the view before me was not only beautiful but also spectacular.