31: Euphoria

The whole palace was cheering for the heir of the Yaroslav family that had arrived after being stranded for so long and Eira could only hear the cheers get louder and louder, confusion clouding her mind

This was not what she had expected.

Definitely far from her expectations. She anticipated a mansion, slightly bigger than the one she lived in back at Italy but this? This was a palace that reached through far far into the forest. It had white walls towering above Eira and a huge golden gate that was far away from the actual doors that lead you inside the palace.

There was a red carpet laid out connected from the gate to the entrance of the palace and Eira, with big eyes, watched as the golden metal gates were pulled open and Viktor looked down at her with a smile. They both took a step forward together on the carpet and the cheers got louder with their step possibly reaching even outside the remote area the palace resided in. Everyone and everything was inundating her in a good way, making her feel all giddy on the inside.

There were people that smiled brightly whenever Eira made eye contact with them accidentally and she did not hesitate to reciprocate their kind gestures but the desperate search of her eyes failed to find an old woman that appeared as a grandmother.

All this celebration and excitement only for her to not be a part of it.

Petals of soft roses were thrown right above them catching Eira off guard. She adored flowers, one of many gifts of nature that humans took for granted. From her hair to her dress, she had petals sticking to her and Viktor watched the girl's smile reach her cheeks as his own resonated a red hue and he could not fathom why that upon gazing at her twinkling eyes and her bright smile, his body became warm.

"They really went all out. Everything is so beautiful and majestic." Eira whispered into his ear while her eyes drunk in the view in front of her and Viktor gazed down at her round face.

He let out a full hearted chortle and gave her a nod, "It indeed is quite beautiful."

The old woman from the balcony that Eira failed to notice watched the smile of her grandson and then her gaze switched to the cause of his bright smile.

Eira Noor.

Of course Olga knew her.

Knew everything about her. Knew everything that had taken place in Italy and knew how her only grandson was risking his own precious life to protect the girl that was nothing to him.

Not a lover. Not a wife.

Olga scoffed and turned around to walk away but stalled her steps, "Nakonets on pribyvayet s potensial'noy zhenoy."

Eira did not know the womem of the palace but they looked at her as if they were waiting for her arrival along with Viktor desperately. Their steps stopped when they reached the massive doors of the palace and there stood a woman. Beautiful blonde hair cascading down her back and deep dark blue marbles staring right into Eira's eyes.