Chapter 1

Hey everyone! I've been watching Fairy Tail since it aired on Animax and its one of my favorite animes. So I decided to write a fanfiction for Lucy and Gray. I am also a NaLu shipper but I decided to write a GraLu fanfiction first.

I don't own any of the characters. All of them is created by the brilliant Hiro Mashima.

Well, here it goes. Hope you like it guys....

Chapter 1:

"Lucy!"

I turned around and found Natsu and Happy walking towards me. I just returned from a mission and I haven't seen them for a few days and I have to admit that I missed them.

"I'm glad that you're back. Do you want to go on a mission with us?" asked Natsu.

"Err Natsu, I just got back from a job and I'm really tired. Maybe next time okay?"

He frowned "Okay, so what about tomorrow?"

I shook my head "I need to do something important,"

"More important than going on a job with us?" asked Happy.

I rolled my eyes "You know that I love going on missions with you guys. But maybe next time when I'm available,"

"Okay," answered Natsu but soon his face lit up "Do you want us to bring you souvenirs?"

"No thank you," I answered when I remembered the last time they brought me one. It was really awful. "Just be careful,"

"No problem Lu," they both said.

"Okay, we're off. Come on Happy,"

I watched them off and then went back to my own house. Finally, I can rest and take a hot nice bath. It's been a week since I last came home. The job I did took a few days to finish and the train to Magnolia is not available because of a storm. I have to wait for it first.

After finishing my bath, I put on my sleeping clothes and sat on my bed. I summoned one of my stellar spirits, Nicholas but I nicknamed him Plue. I also like keeping him company. He was so cute.

"Hi Plue," I smiled at him. He nodded his head and I can't help but let out a small laugh "You are so cute," I lay back on my bed and closed my eyes "I'm excited for tomorrow, I wonder what it holds in store for me,"

"You're crazy," I said as I rolled my eyes at Gray. He was at my house and told me about this important mission of his.

"At least I'm not an idiot like Natsu," he retorted back "Come on, just this once. I'll pay your rent for 3 months,"

"No, I don't want to pretend to be your girlfriend Gray. Just the thought of it makes me very uncomfortable," I answered.

He smirked "And do you think I want this too? If I have a choice I can pick any girl I want,"

"Then go pick another girl," I said as I glared at him.

He shook his head "You're the only one who can do this mission because you have the celestial spirit Leo. Please, I really need your help," he closed his eyes then opened them again "I feel like I'm having a head ache,"

I rolled my eyes "Why don't you just ask Loki to come with you? I know he will help you,"

"Okay here's the thing. The mission was to capture a thief and she lives in a castle near Crocus. She's filthy rich. I heard that she was looking for a celestial spirit and particularly Leo. She's hosting a party in 4 days and one of the requirements in order to come to her party is that you're suppose to have a date," he explained. He massaged his temple.

I furrowed my eyebrows "She's a thief but she's hosting a party? Why?"

"How the hell would I know why she's hosting a goddamn party?" Gray replied as he rolled his eyes.

"Okay, how much is the payment anyway?" I asked.

"400,000 jewels, we can split it if you want," he said.

Whoa, I can pay my rent for almost 5 months with that kind of money and I'll still have enough to pass me through a few months. I faced Gray and he was looking at me expectantly.

"So, what do you think?" he asked. He massaged his temple again.

"I'll do it, but on one condition," I said as I walked towards him "There will be no kissing involved,"

He smirked "Yeah, as if I want to be kissing you,"

I glared at him "Idiot! Now, get out of my house!"

"See you tomorrow!" he called as he jumped from my window.

Geez, he really considers my window as his own personal door to my apartment. I sat on my bed and summoned Leo.

"You called?" he said when he appeared in front of me.

"Yeah, we're going on a mission and I need you to be prepared," I closed my eyes "I'm sorry if I always bother you,"

I felt him sitting on the bed, beside me. He touched my cheek "You never bother me, Lucy. Actually, I kind of like it when you always call me because in that way I can protect you,"

I opened my eyes "Don't you feel tired?"

He smiled "I'll never feel tired of protecting you," he said and then he kissed my forehead "Don't worry, it's my duty to protect you,"

I didn't say anything as I watched him return to the spirit world. I sometimes feel guilty whenever I use my spirits. For me, they aren't just some weapon or object; they are my friends.

----------

So that was the first chapter guys. I know I'm not good in writing, but still I really hope that you'll continue reading and supporting this story. Next chapter is where the real story begins....