Chapter 30

DISCLAIMER: FAIRY TAIL IS OWNED BY HIRO MASHIMA. 

And after such a very long time....here we go!

CHAPTER 30: 

"Hurry up porn star!" shouted Natsu.

"Shut up charcoal head!" I yelled back.

Everyone was busy during the night since it was now the last event of the Magnolia Harvest Festival and Natsu and I were already late for the Fantasia Parade. The old man is certainly going to kill us if we don't hurry up. We dodged a lot of people and finally got on our float. After a few yelling courtesy of Master Makarov, Natsu and I got ready for the magic performance to show everyone. I eyed our other guild mates and they were finished getting ready too. I started to prepare myself and soon enough, our float started to move. I made sure that we were surrounded by a lot of people as I begin my performance.

"Don't screw this up now," said Natsu.

"Never."

I took a deep breath and summoned my ice magic. I created a giant snowflake and shoot it up in the sky followed by snow. Everyone clapped and shouted several cheers. The snowflake suddenly vanished and I conjured more of it, circling our float. I moulded my ice magic again and tiny snowflakes began to fall from the giant ones I just made. They were like falling stars. The people gasped and I can tell they were amazed by my work.

Natsu scoffed. "Show-off."

I gave him a smirk and gestured to the man operating on our float. He gave me a thumbs-up and our float stopped. Everyone erupted into talks on why we aren't moving anymore. I went to the edge of our float and look out to the wave of people watching us.

"Everyone I apologize for this delay but this is an important moment for me and for our guild too," I began. "Master would certainly kill me for this but let's put that aside for now. You see, my guild mates invented this game called Grant Me What I Wish and we decided to let all of you play that game. The rules are simple as per the title said, whoever finds what I wish and brings it to me will have a prize from our guild."

The crowd became interested and soon enough everybody was already excited and wants to participate.

"Alright, so I'll say my first and only wish," The crowd groaned and I let out a laugh. "Sorry everyone, I am a simple man and I only want one wish," The mob understood this and urged me to go on. I cleared my throat. "My only wish is to have Lucy Heartfilia by my side right now. So if anyone finds her, please bring her to me."

The crowd started to look around and searched for her. I knew they would have a difficult time finding her. It was tough to search for a person who clearly does not want to be found. I should know since I spent most of my time searching and waiting for her to come back to the guild. I waited for her to finally come back to me.

"I see her!" Someone suddenly shouted. "I see Lucy Heartfilia over there on that float!"

The crowd turned to the float behind us. And indeed there she was. She was hiding behind Levy and covering her face, as if that would make her stand out less in this crowd. Anywhere she goes, it was as if there was always a spotlight shining down on her and you couldn't help but just get pulled by her. Or maybe that was just how she was in my eyes.

"Do you want me to bring her to you?" asked the man who found her.

I shook my head "It's alright, you have my thanks. Please claim your prize from Natsu Dragneel,"

"What?!" Natsu yelled in disbelief. I gave him a smirk before getting off our float and went to Lucy. She was still hiding in Levy's back and still covering her face even though she's been exposed already.