Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

We were on the guild and I was talking to Levy and Juvia. They were telling me about the potion that would cure Gray. They said that they still lack one ingredient, but Freed is helping them find it. They look so happy telling me about it that I began hating myself again for thinking so selfishly last night. What kind of friend am I?

"So after you get the last ingredient, you'd be able to make the potion right?" I asked. I hope they didn't notice the sadness in my voice.

Levy shook his head "It's not that easy. First we have to dry the Honokaa leaves under the sun for a few days. We also have to decompose the petals of the Leith flower which would take 2 months and most importantly, we still have to brew the potion and brewing potions is not an easy and fast business. I guess that it would take at least 3 months until we actually finish this potion,"

I bit my lower lip to stop myself from smiling like an idiot. So, I can still be with Gray for a few months. Somehow it made me glad that I can still be with him even just for a little while. Then I remembered that when he's cured, he won't even remember that he's in love with me and we spent almost every minute together. All of the things we did together would just be forgotten by him. It hurts me just thinking about it, but I have to be strong and endure it. I don't want to lose him as a boyfriend but I especially don't want to lose him as a friend.

"Lucy, are you okay?" I heard Juvia say.

I blink "Yeah, I was just thinking," I answered.

"Well, you were frowning and for a moment you look very sad. We're just worried," said Levy.

"I'm sorry if I worried you," I said as I gave them a smile "Just tell me if you need anything or you want help on the potion...

Levy laughed "You would really help us if you just go to your boyfriend whose looking at us from the bar. We've been talking for almost 2 hours now and he looks like he's about to have a rampage in here,"

I turned to Gray and when he saw me looking at him, he smiled. I can't help but smile too. I turned back to Levy and Juvia.

"Maybe I'll distract him for a while so you two can do the potion," I said as I stood up from my seat.

I heard both of them laugh as I started to walk to Gray. He reached for my hand and pulled me for a hug as soon as he saw me coming towards the bar. In that moment, I didn't care that everyone in the guild was staring at us. I just want to enjoy this moment and remember it even if Gray would soon forget about it. I pulled away from him.

"You don't look happy," I said to him.

He scoffed "Natsu picked a fight with me, who would be happy about that?"

I let out a laugh "Why don't we go out for a while and chill that head of yours?"

We ended up taking a walk near the riverbank. It was peaceful and away from all the noise in the guild. Gray was holding my hand as he keeps telling me about Natsu and how much of an idiot he is. I just listened to him and smiled every time he turns to look at me. We finally stopped on the bridge and just stood there.

"So, care to tell me what's going on?" he asked after a moment of silence.

"What's going on with what?" I asked.

He let out a sigh "You've been quiet for a few hours now and that's something you always do when you're upset about something,"

Wow, he's observant. I felt my chest tightening as I look into his eyes. I've always loved his eyes and I find it the most attractive about him. I didn't answer him and just wrapped my arms around his body. He was surprised but then he hugged me back.

"What's wrong?" he asked in a soft voice.

"Nothing, I just want to embrace you," I answered, I look up and met his eyes "I want to remember this moment,"

He smiled and planted a soft kiss on my forehead "We'll remember this together,"

I look down and avoided his eyes when he said that. I can feel my eyes watering but I don't want to cry in front of him.

"Lucy,"

"Yeah?"

"I love you,"

I closed my eyes and buried my face to his chest. His heart was beating fast and so is mine.

"I love you too," I whispered.

----------------

Sorry for the late update guys. I've just been busy with schoolwork.
Yes, the ingredients of the potion were all made up by me (I'm really bad on making ingredients).
Maybe I'll update again next week guys.
Bye!!!